Can anyone help me with an "Inside Bar" study?

Donovan2580

Hello,

Being a 20 year Tradestation convert, this language is new to me. I have taught myself Easy Language, but I am just starting with all of this.

I am looking for an indicator/study that will flag inside bars.. (High is lower than previous bars high, and low is higher than previous bar high). Just an arrow or a dot above the bar would be just fine.

I found MW includes a strategy that looks for 3 inside bars so the code is pretty much there (I am guessing), I am just not sure what I need to cut out, add for inputs, etc.

Would anyone be willing to convert this into a study that just marks an inside bar? Just one is fine, I am not looking for 3 consecutive bars.

Once I see how it is done, it would help me to start teaching myself.

Thanks for your time,

Donovan

Last edited:

Adrian Valea

Hi Donovan,

I am not an expert in MW SDK either but, I would try to prepare for you an example. Just give me some time for this.

Best regards,
Adrian.

Donovan2580

That would be fantastic - Thank you!! After I posted this I realized the link was just to "Psuedo Code".

I found the actual code, I am still not sure what to do with it & if it will be helpful.

Attachments

• ThreeBarInsideBarPatternStrategy.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Volt71

Donovan,

There is an inside/outside bar scheme setting built into MW. Open: Chart Settings -> Bar Settings -> Bar Scheme -> Inside/Outside. If you want to change their appearance, you can create a custom bar theme from Configure-> Preferences ->Theme and assign your own color values there.

Donovan2580

Hey Volt -

Thanks a bunch for the reply - I did know about that & had tried switching the bar type to Inside/Outside - But it really was not what I was looking for, as a bunch of bars were colored and I was not sure what it was referencing.

I DID NOT however think about changing the bar scheme as well. I just did that in combination with the bar type & it works like a champ.

Exactly what I needed.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out! Much appreciated!!!

Sometimes these forums are a god send!

Donovan