AVWAP horribly slows down any timeframe change

nooris

I have an ES chart with 2x AVWAP, one from the All time high, and the other from the covid low. A simple textbook usage of AVWAP. However if I go from a 15m to a 4h timeframe it will switch in about 3 seconds, but spend about 40 seconds until it draws the AVWAP and the platform is unusable (mind you the AVWAP it draws is very wrong because its only starting at the start of the visible bars, which is also a big problem in the implementation of this indicator). So as a crappy solution, I have the AVWAPs visible only on a daily, but that now means when I switch to daily or weekly it can take over 5 mins until the AVWAP display and the platform is usable again. That is not how this should work. Why is it recalculating every time? Anyone run into a similar problem? Any solution?

Last edited:

Donovan2580

I just tried it myself - Yeah that is an ugly mess! Totally locked up my system for 5 minutes as well.

It must be a bug that it is taking so long to calculate that. I thought checking the "Use Historical Data" box would have helped, but nope.

Did you ask support about it? On a positive note - At least you know it isn't just you :)

Last edited:

nooris

I just tried it myself - Yeah that is an ugly mess! Totally locked up my system for 5 minutes as well.

It must be a bug that it is taking so long to calculate that. I thought checking the "Use Historical Data" box would have helped, but nope.

Did you ask support about it? On a positive note - At least you know it isn't just you :)
Thanks for the confirmation. I will email support about this (although I maintain they really really really should be more active here in their own forum).

nooris

Right click on a chart, choose tools, and VWAP should be there if you have it. Its NOT labelled as AVWAP

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 1.28.56 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 1.28.56 PM.png
    393.9 KB · Views: 9