A list of shortcomings MW should overcome & suggestions

amirzayyani

1- Volume Profile indicator does not have higher TF above Daily. My suggestion is either above daily and custom TF should be considered
2- Ruler does not have any setting for tick or pip
3- There should be a option for objects and indicator to showing or not showing them in either primary or other analysis.
4- VP/MP for holidays does not show in next days. Please fix it
5- There should be a option for custom trading hours in TPO/ VP settings. For example, some traders want to profiles end like in 10 am and another one begins automatically in same time and etc.

This list will be updated

Last edited:

Shtick Hustler

3- There should be a option for objects and indicator to showing or not showing them in either primary or other analysis.

1) Right-click any object and select 'Hide Component'.

2) from 'View' menu choose 'Object viewer'. There's a checkbox for each chart object to hide it.

Donovan2580

1- Volume Profile indicator does not have higher TF above Daily. My suggestion is either above daily and custom TF should be considered

Your issue #1 - If you are looking for a long term composite use the volume imprint tool and apply it that way.

For example (See Below) this chart has a 90 day (Grey) and a 30 day (White) on the right hand side.

Your issue #5 - There are 3 different ways you can approach this:

A) You can change your default session time

B) You can create a TPO or VP from any time period you want... Just drag the icon onto your chart using the components panel and use the handles to adjust the beginning and end time. (Screen cap shows you the tools I am talking about)

C) You can also right click on the TPO and split the profile at any time you want.

ESU3 - Untitled - Jul-14 1942 PM (1 day).png

1689378578955.png

1689378612658.png

Last edited:

amirzayyani

1) Right-click any object and select 'Hide Component'.

2) from 'View' menu choose 'Object viewer'. There's a checkbox for each chart object to hide it.
Hello. Thanks for reply. I should explain this a little bit. For example, in Primary analysis I draw an object, this object only is visible to other charts with primary analysis tag. I want this object and also other indicators to show in other alternate analysis, not only in a specific one.

amirzayyani

Your issue #1 - If you are looking for a long term composite use the volume imprint tool and apply it that way.

For example (See Below) this chart has a 90 day (Grey) and a 30 day (White) on the right hand side.

B) You can create a TPO or VP from any time period you want... Just drag the icon onto your chart using the components panel and use the handles to adjust the beginning and end time. (Screen cap shows you the tools I am talking about)

C) You can also right click on the TPO and split the profile at any time you want.

View attachment 1808

View attachment 1809

View attachment 1810

View attachment 1808

View attachment 1809

View attachment 1810
Hello. First issue resolved and thank you. about the #5 A: I did this and it did not help. B: I am thinking about an automatic procedure not manual one and finally C: this shows a specific time in a day for splitting not that the time I chose. I also tried session setting in TPO, did not work out for me

Mathias

2- Ruler does not have any setting for tick or pip
4- VP/MP for holidays does not show in next days. Please fix it
5- There should be a option for custom trading hours in TPO/ VP settings. For example, some traders want to profiles end like in 10 am and another one begins automatically in same time and etc.

This list will be updated
I strongly support your point 2. There is so much good in MotiveWave and then this little feature is still missing. At least I'm now very good at mental arithmetic from the 4 series when calculating my risk. ;-)