49” curved monitor

Barego

Hello everyone, I want to buy a 49” curved monitor. Do you know what response time and refresh rate I need for optimal view of footprints and DOM? Do you have any suggestions? Thank you!

Do you think that your eyes can notice 60 different footprint or DOM states in a second (that's 60Hz which every monitor has, 120Hz just give a better feeling of smoothness of OS UI, but as far as trading goes, no difference)? Any response time and refresh rate will be fine.

Barego

Do you think that your eyes can notice 60 different footprint or DOM states in a second (that's 60Hz which every monitor has, 120Hz just give a better feeling of smoothness of OS UI, but as far as trading goes, no difference)? Any response time and refresh rate will be fine.
Hi, I’m sure my eyes couldn’t, my concern is about the image clarity and quality. Cheers.

That is all PPI and size. Everything above 90PPI is great. Essentially current sceens that are out now. I would just look for size and how you organise the setup if you want multiple monitors.

nooris

If you are using a Mac, I cannot recommend the Apple Studio Display enough. 220PPI 5k retina goodness with 600 nits brightness and the best colors on any monitor.

Won't make you a better trader though, I still f*ck up on the big screen just as well as I do on the MacBook.

Barego

I use a mac and also a pc. I need a bigger display because I trade on 2 different accounts, 1 futures + 1 cfd and I like to have both on the same screen, I open a position on futures and usually I forget about the cfd account.
Thank you!

If you are using a Mac, I cannot recommend the Apple Studio Display enough. 220PPI 5k retina goodness with 600 nits brightness and the best colors on any monitor.

Won't make you a better trader though, I still f*ck up on the big screen just as well as I do on the MacBook.
Apple Studio Display is beyond overkill. It's like recommending a 10k$ racing bicycle to a kid who just wants to ride a bike with his friends. Completely out of place recommendation. If it's for trading purposes I would rather gift that money to someone in need than buy that.