What's the future for Motivewave?

hokxj

I'm sure I'm not the only one that's noticed this, but Motivewave development has really slowed down. It seems like only 1, maybe 2 notable releases a year with the vast majority being bug fixes. The user guide is 3 years old.

If you scroll through the forum you'll find indicator requests from years ago that are on the feature request list, yet never seem to be accomplished. If they wanted to go the Ninjatrader route and have a third party marketplace, they're not doing a good job attracting them since there are barely any providers.

I've purchased a licence, and my 1 year support and updates has expired. I see no reason to purchase another year of support when there are barely any updates. I keep trying to come back to MW, but it's just lacking so many features/indicators other platforms have.

This platform deserves so much more credit.

Alex2888

I asked a similar question a few weeks ago per email support.

The answer was that they were working on a bigger project which will be finished soon. Afterwards they will take care again about smaller updates like indicators…

BR
Alex

MotiveWave_Jason

Staff member
I'm sure I'm not the only one that's noticed this, but Motivewave development has really slowed down. It seems like only 1, maybe 2 notable releases a year with the vast majority being bug fixes. The user guide is 3 years old.

If you scroll through the forum you'll find indicator requests from years ago that are on the feature request list, yet never seem to be accomplished. If they wanted to go the Ninjatrader route and have a third party marketplace, they're not doing a good job attracting them since there are barely any providers.

I've purchased a licence, and my 1 year support and updates has expired. I see no reason to purchase another year of support when there are barely any updates. I keep trying to come back to MW, but it's just lacking so many features/indicators other platforms have.

This platform deserves so much more credit.
Hi hokxj,

Development is currently working on an iOS and Android mobile app. At this moment we are in the initial alpha testing phase and in the near future we hope to offer it to a small group for beta testing. The CQG connection is working properly and we also hope to offer Rithmic (although this is not certain at this time). There may be some crypto connections added at a later date.

After the mobile app is released we will definitely be back to the desktop application with improvements and new features. We appreciate all the feedback we've been given by our users over the years and hope we can continue to add value to your trading.

Spin

A MotiveWave app is great news, but allow me to be somewhat sceptical too: if the Dev-team does not increase in size, they will have to split their time between desktop and mobile versions ....
:sneaky:

Last edited:

quick

sounds good. Drop a line (dm) if you need Support in native macOS/iOS DEV or plain alpha ux testing . Keep coding :)

Pejman

An MotiveWave app is great news, but allow me to be somewhat sceptical too: if the Dev-team does not increase in size, they will have to split their time between desktop and mobile versions ....
Exactly, i reported 3 or 4 bugs a few months ago and they were sent to Development team but thoes bugs are still there, they were not new feature request , they were issues in software.
Also, i believe many people use this software for analysis , how do you want ot analysis a chart in such a small screen in your mobile??

igor.s

Exactly, i reported 3 or 4 bugs a few months ago and they were sent to Development team but thoes bugs are still there, they were not new feature request , they were issues in software.
Also, i believe many people use this software for analysis , how do you want ot analysis a chart in such a small screen in your mobile??
It is possible that the analysis done on the desktop and stored on cloud would be shared in mobile app. Similar logic exists for ThinkOrSwim. I think that the mobile version is complementary. It would be a great addition to the existing platform. Do analysis at home than go to the beach and trade with a phone :)

cheers.

Rashomon

An MotiveWave app is great news, but allow me to be somewhat sceptical too: if the Dev-team does not increase in size, they will have to split their time between desktop and mobile versions ....
That's a good point.

I'm a developer.

I've done web, desktop, and native iOS and Android development. It is VERY hard to be proficient in all areas. I really hope MW brought in a team with native mobile experience, instead of trying to retrain their current team on mobile.

innermind

Hi hokxj,

Development is currently working on an iOS and Android mobile app. At this moment we are in the initial alpha testing phase and in the near future we hope to offer it to a small group for beta testing. The CQG connection is working properly and we also hope to offer Rithmic (although this is not certain at this time). There may be some crypto connections added at a later date.

After the mobile app is released we will definitely be back to the desktop application with improvements and new features. We appreciate all the feedback we've been given by our users over the years and hope we can continue to add value to your trading.
Yes, would love to see an android and IOS version. (y)

orishaspollo

I asked a similar question a few weeks ago per email support.

The answer was that they were working on a bigger project which will be finished soon. Afterwards they will take care again about smaller updates like indicators…

BR
Alex
Where did you get that?

Jesse_01

Hi hokxj,

Please add a decent options chain & option strike charts. I have to execute my orders on Interactive Brokers still, would like to do it all on MW. Also a trade copier would be nice.

quantlabsnet

Please add a decent options chain & option strike charts. I have to execute my orders on Interactive Brokers still, would like to do it all on MW. Also a trade copier would be nice.
Are you able to execute trades/orders with an SDK developed strategy from within MotiveWave desktop? I had 3 charting stocks today ready to execute entries but nothing was sent out to TWS.

spider64

Are you able to execute trades/orders with an SDK developed strategy from within MotiveWave desktop? I had 3 charting stocks today ready to execute entries but nothing was sent out to TWS.
I have been testing a strategy that I built using Strategy Builder from Trading Indicators since I'm not a programmer. I think it would be similar to an SDK developed strategy. It has been running fine with two accounts, one IB and one Rithmic. Both use ES and NQ simultaneously. I'm using paper trade accounts since I'm testing right now. I have run into a problem trying to use Trade Copier which was released after your post and waiting to hear back on that issue.

orishaspollo

I purchased a license and had problems with my credit card and then they banned me from the forums despite the fact that I was trying to purchase the software. There was a lady that was very vindictive . I called Canada and they said they will never forgive me. lol.

Then I went and purchase a license using a different payment card and finally I’ve been able to use the software.

There was a lady there in Canada she was brutal 🇨🇦 after a year I purchased a renewal and that allowed me to use the latest version.

I didn’t see any version update that was really worth it.

I called the number immediately goes to voicemail.

It seems like the company is severely down sizing.

saturn33

I was thinking about renewing my support for another year, but after what has been written, I'm skeptical that it will be worth it. I've been waiting patiently for an update to the quotes from TDAmeritrade, which is now Schwab, and nothing seems to be happening with that. The Goggle/Yahoo feeds aren't ideal, but that is seemingly the best I can do at this time. Anyone having different experiences? Anyone now cutoff from TDA quotes found something better (and free)?