what are other TD Ameritrade users doing to get their Real Time data for motive now that they have migrated to schwab who doesnt have a relationship w

randy jones

what are other TD Ameritrade users doing to get their Real Time data for motive now that they have migrated to schwab who doesnt have a rel/ationship w/ motive wave

rosegrad

+1 In same boat..... Motivewave Team: please advise as to when connection will be restored after Schwab acquisition. This is not "new" news as this acquisition was announced some time ago. Surprised that there has been no feedback from you as to what is being done and associated timing.

Optionable

I just switched over to Tradestation. At least I don't get all the noise in the bars (especially during extended hours) with Tradestation that I got with TDA.

randy jones

FYI to all Jason at MV support has advised me that Schwab has NOT released their new API yet. which is some type of authorization to the softwre types. Motive's Development team is in contact with them, so as soon as it is available it will be implemented into MotiveWave.
he says There is no way into your Schwab account with a third party platform at this time.

he says At this point in time recommends using a secondary broker/data connection if you want to continue to use motivewave.
, which is what u smart people have alreasdy done

Rashomon

This is BS. I paid GOOD MONEY for the full MW version. Now, it is unusable. I would switch to TradeStation, but I live in Canada, and TS is not available here.

MrSharky

This is BS. I paid GOOD MONEY for the full MW version. Now, it is unusable. I would switch to TradeStation, but I live in Canada, and TS is not available here.
How is this MW fault, since its Schwab that controls who can and can not connect to their services.

randy jones

MW at fault for not giving its TDA clients "NOTICE, advanced" that Schwab wasnt cooperaqting with MW allowing users to seek other data provider

TSI2029

Not all users were migrated with Schwab/TDA yet. I know that I will not be migrated till sometime next year and my data currently works.

I did open accounts with IBKR for their margin rates. Schwab/TDA has horrid margin rates. That and fills have gone downhill since roughly the pandemic. my guess is due to PFOF... not to mention lag under heavy load.

I am a long time ToS user and wrote or heavily modified most of the tools that I use daily. ToS is long in the tooth, but super easy to script for with a little digging.

...It is sad to see a great company (TDA) get taken over by a just ok company (looking at you Chuck)...

I am glad I found this thread as I did not know that there was going to be an issue at the time of transition.

FWIW- I currently use CQG data for futures. And TDA and IBKR for stocks, etc. Neither of which are as fast as my CQG feed (and my old Denali feed on Sierra). ToS data, while free, it's not the best And can throw studies off with their dirty data.

Well it looks like I will be giving TradeStation a visit soon to make up for the loss of TDA... ugh.

Johnedoe

I transferred my TD account after I heard they were going to schwab....
Tired of the BS....

saturn33

Anyone investigated Tradier? The choices for affordable (meaning free, as was TDA with a TDA account) real-time stock data appear very limited. Too bad MW can't link up with Worden Bros and TC2000. Or Fidelity.