TD Ameritrade Data Connection Lost - NEW API PENDING SCHWAB release.

angoodwi

Hi,

Are we losing the TDA Ameritrade Data connection since they have transferred accounts to Schwab?
Despite my account being moved successfully, no longer able to establish a data and trade connection.

A.

wrmccann2

I have also lost the tdameritrade data connection. My accounts moved to Schwab last weekend. I don't see Schwab on the list of possible data connections with Motivewave, so I am going to try to use google/yahoo. BUT it seems to me that I will have to create a new workspace to do so, thus loosing all my Elliott Wave counts! Even if Schwab does become an approved data connection, I can't see how to keep the same workspace will all my wave counts, and just change the data connection. Anyone know of a work around to this situation?

angoodwi

Your wave counts are still available the Analysis folder e.g. YELP.TDA (inside here you have your analysis files) - You could then copy them to the new folder generated by any new data provider such as Google or DXFeed - but I suggest waiting and contacting Support since this may get resolved.

wrmccann2

Great! Thanks for that tip... I am willing to be patient on this issue, but also like to have a plan B just in case.

angoodwi

Just make sure you have backups enabled, I have it for every day upon closing.

toms

I have also lost the tdameritrade data connection. My accounts moved to Schwab last weekend. I don't see Schwab on the list of possible data connections with Motivewave, so I am going to try to use google/yahoo. BUT it seems to me that I will have to create a new workspace to do so, thus loosing all my Elliott Wave counts! Even if Schwab does become an approved data connection, I can't see how to keep the same workspace will all my wave counts, and just change the data connection. Anyone know of a work around to this situation?
was there a resolution to this? do we have to create a new workspace and us a schwab data feed(if available)

if Great! Thanks for that tip... I am willing to be patient on this issue, but also like to have a plan B just in case.
if

CARBURUNDUM

I am also waiting on an answer to this question. The TDAmeritrade to Schuab transition.

cbfield

There is no Schwab connector, all TDAmeritrade feeds are unusable, had no choice Scwab transition my account now MotiveWave is unusable till this connector issues is resolved.

wrmccann2

Has MotiveWave given us any time table as to when this issue might be resolved??

rosegrad

+1 The Schwab acquisition was announced months ago….. This should have been on Motivewave‘s radar and either a solution already implemented or at least a solution with timing communicated.

wrmccann2

I agree. I think that Motivewave really dropped the ball here. They had plenty of time to work with Schwab to make sure that there would not be an interruption of data feed for it users.

rosegrad

Folks:

To my surprise, it doesn't appear that Motivewave support posted a general reply to either of the current threads: See Motivewave reply to me this morning:

Mark Southerland

MotiveWave Support
really appreciate it..... Thank you Joe. Just a suggestion that you or someone offer the official Motivewave response to either of the user forum threads that have been started..... it will make several members feel much better knowing this.

Thanks again sir.

Regards,
Mark

Sent: Thursday, November 9, 2023 8:31 AM
To: Mark Southerland <rose_poly_grad@msn.com>
Subject:Re: Schwab Acquisition of Ameritrade - Data Connection Lost

Hi Mark,

We have already registered with Schwab and are still awaiting further approval and notification from them in regards to the API.
It seems that they have not completely rolled it out yet and are most likely rolling out with a small number of commercial applications to start out with.
We are hoping that they expedite the process but until then there is not much more we can do on our end as the delay is on their end.

Best,
Joe

On Thu, Nov 9, 2023 at 8:39 AM Mark Southerland <rose_poly_grad@msn.com> wrote:
Folks:

The Schwab acquisition of Ameritrade has been known for some time, and is complete. Data connection services are lost. Seeing see other Motivewave members asking the same question as I: What is the solution and timing for restoring data connection services?

I am surprised that a mostly seamless solution was not already in hand at Motivewave given the acquisition was announced months ago….. also that Motivewave has not responded to at least two threads within the user community forum regarding this topic.

Regards,

Mark P. Southerland

--
MotiveWave Support
support@motivewave.com

randy jones

they farmed out to 3rd party ,schwab tells me ,"TD Ameritrade maintains a trading Application Programming Interface (API) that permits Retail customers to either develop custom applications to interact with their accounts, or to utilize third party applications (for example, Motive waveer). This program is being re-launched at Schwab as Trader API as part of the TDA-to-Schwab transition. but no live date is known at schwab, this RTdta feed could be a long time till its ready

randy jones

wrmccann2- Per schwab UPDATE -No schwab data coming to Motive in immediate future! i just off a boat in the Med that i have been on for 3 weeks so no data hasnt been a hindrance, but now it is. promply upon return i spent 2 full days on contacting alt data providers and the Schwab API team and they say its a 2024 go live date deal with the RTData to Motive, et al. they are in no rush. yes its true Motive should have advised us of this no data deal from schwab matter arly on and what motive wont tell u is date they filled out schwab's API paperwork request, so Motive saw this hairball coming. i suspect Motive was proactive in filling out schwabss request long ago, but ball now is in schwabs court and this matter isn't high priority for them.

Schwab has farmed out this API review/integration matter to a 3rd party ,schwab tells me ,"TD Ameritrade maintains a trading Application Programming Interface (API) that permits Retail customers to either develop custom applications to interact with their accounts, or to utilize third party applications (for example, Motive wave). This data program is being re-launched in future at Schwab as Trader API as part of the TDA-to-Schwab transition. but no live date is known at schwab, this RTdta feed could be a long time till its ready so motive users should find alternative RTdata source.

rosegrad

So it looks like Trade Station is a likely surrogate….. two questions for those that get the Trade Station data feed: 1) can you open an account and pay for their data feed without funding the account for trading? 2) if so, what is the approximate cost for the data feed ?

Looks like I can’t wait for the Schwab API…..

Darkum

I got the MW trial thinking I could use TDA data with it. Bummer. 😞

randy jones

Looks like Schwab has an API team set up and can be only reached by email which is TraderAPI@schwab.com to set up API (real time data feed). This team may be ones stiff-arming MW Team. This is what I got to my email inquiry:
Good Afternoon Randy,

Thank you for contacting Schwab Trader API.

Unfortunately at this time this email inbox is the only way of communication with the Schwab Trader API team, we do not have a phone line.
You would be able to register a developer account on Schwab developer portal at https://developer.schwab.com

When you register make sure to fill in every field manually without the use of auto-fill in your browser.

Once you register account you would then be able to request API access.

To request API access after you login to Schwab Developer Portal you would click on API Products at the top -> click on the "Trader API - Individual" -> click on request in the upper right corner.

Good luck to all former TDA clients as MW is no help!