Serious data connection for tryout

FlyingRedbeet

Hi. I just downloaded Motivewave to try it.
I have a data subscription with CQG Continuum, it does however not work (Motivewave api not allowed). So I signed up for the freebee. There I cannot open Futures, that I would like to test on (mainly Eurex, FSEX, FGBL, FDAX etc.), they are "not allowed".
Before I spend money, I would like to test for free and I need either my existing data connection - or any other that allows me to access Eurex Futures) to work. (I don't need order routing for the time being ...)

Any help here? Best regards,

Hendrik

igor.s

I'm not sure you can get Futures for free. If you are planning to trade Futures your broker should provide you with a connection details, you may specify for Motivewave explicitly though. I personally use the Motivewave (CQG connection) almost for 9 years on a daily basis exclusively.

cheers.

nooris

The Rithmic free 14 day trial has CME and Eurex (if I remember correctly). Give that a try.

FlyingRedbeet

Seems to be a day of bad luck for me ... :((

- I tried to sign up for the Rithmic trial, but didn't get a confirmation email (no also not in the spam folder)

- I had my broker update my second login for cqg to work with Motivewave. I also confirmed the signing in mycqg. I do however get a continuous "login failed" (it does work with Jigsaw though, which of course is turned off, when I try to connect Motivewave).

- Coming from the Motivewave startup splash screen, I tried to get a cqg trial, which is "Unable to obtain a demo login at this time (code= -10)". My, my ....

Any help here?

And: I want to try Motivewave for its footprint capacities. Do they show in the demo version?

Best regards,

Hendrik

FlyingRedbeet

Update ... I found that I should create a new workspace in order to not use the standard connection. Creating one, I get a timeout to the gateway, which I chose either the default "Chicago" or "Frankfurt" or "Europe" which would be closesed to me.
Meanwhile I can access the agreement list at Rithmic, which shows I have a "Market Data Agreement".
Meanwhile more timeouts with other gateways ... (chewing on a big chunk of raw wood ...)

Hendrik