Question about outbound email content

quantlabsnet

Hey I am digging this platform a lot! I was wondering if there is a way to edit or format the outbound email alert content. For instance, could change the order of the element shown, etc.
Thanks

MotiveWave_Jason

Staff member
Hello,

We don't currently have a way to format the email alert content. Do you find it hard to read? Can you provide an example?

Thank you.

quantlabsnet

Everything is cool jason. Thanks for the fast response! I was wondering if there was a way I can customize out of box. I can get around it.

quantlabsnet

Another related question about alerts. Is the email functionality considered a basic or advance alert function? Are email alerts in the MotiveWave standard edition? Thanks

MotiveWave_Jason

Staff member
Another related question about alerts. Is the email functionality considered a basic or advance alert function? Are email alerts in the MotiveWave standard edition? Thanks

The email functionality is included in the Standard Edition, the alerts in the Standard Edition are basic price alerts though, you won't be able to trigger alerts based off studies.

MotiveWave_Jason

Staff member
Thanks. Is it the Pro version that will trigger alerts off of studies?

That's correct, Professional and Ultimate Edition come with Advanced Alerts that can trigger based off studies. Here is an explanation:

Simple Price Alerts
Simple Price Alerts are included in all of the current MotiveWave editions.
A Price Alert (an alert for when a price for a particular instrument has been reached), does not require a chart in order to execute. It will be triggered by the bid/ask or last price of an instrument. Price Alerts can be created directly from the Alerts panel or from the Price Axis of a chart.
Advanced Alerts
Advanced Alerts are available in the Professional and Ultimate Editions only.
Advanced Alerts include:
  • Study Alerts - Alerts can be based on values that are generated as part of a study using one of the following comparisons:
    1. Absolute Comparison - A study value is compared to a specific value (ie -0.1174).
    2. Relative Comparison - A study value is compared against another study value (in the same plot), for example, where the value of one study KAMA(C,20) crosses the value of another study (Tenkan-Sen(9))
  • Component Alerts - Some components can be used to generate alerts. For example, you could create an alert for when a moving average crosses a trend line.