MW Crash on Mac

OG1

I've had to move from Windows PC to Laptop Mac (M1 Max, 32GB RAM) and have been crashing rather regularly. Memory being used is usually less than 1GB of 1.4GB and I have maximum memory set to 12 GB. Anyone else been having this? Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 9.57.51 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 9.57.51 AM.png
    95.7 KB · Views: 4

igor.s

No crashes on my side, it’s pretty stable. Try to create a new workspace to rule out any artifacts left from Windows configuration.

GAi

I'm using Mac as well. For some reason I started to experience similar issues last 2 weeks. MotiveWave would just quit unexpectedly mostly only 10-30 minutes into the morning trading session.

I’ve been using MV for about a year and half now and the experience has been excellent regardless.

It’s looks like things are back to normal working order since the last update.

I would recommend updating your MV to the latest update if you haven’t done that already just in case!

I hope all gets resolved for you!!

Reactions: OG1

flaviuspop

I am kind of having troubles on the macos version myself too. It keeps freezing then I have to force quite it and then it takes very long to restart again.

Most of the time I delete the existing workspace and create another one.

Other times the chart stops, I see the loading spin and refreshed after couple of seconds.

I am actually thinking to switch to windows. Did anyone experience the windoes version? Is it much more stable?

I am on M3 Max, 64GB RAM.

igor.s

I've had to move from Windows PC to Laptop Mac (M1 Max, 32GB RAM) and have been crashing rather regularly. Memory being used is usually less than 1GB of 1.4GB and I have maximum memory set to 12 GB. Anyone else been having this? Thanks
I suggest to try default RAM settings. With the 32GB laptop memory the Java will allocate 8GB.

OG1

No crashes on my side, it’s pretty stable. Try to create a new workspace to rule out any artifacts left from Windows configuration.
For this would you recommend just saving a backup, creating a new workspace, and loading the backup, and that would get rid of artifacts?

igor.s

For this would you recommend just saving a backup, creating a new workspace, and loading the backup, and that would get rid of artifacts?
I would rather recreate the workspace from scratch. When you add elements of your analysis one by one you may have a chance to pinpoint what causes the issue. It could be a rather lengthy way to troubleshoot the issue but I don't see an easy way. It could be a some study that causes the Java VM to fail.

OG1

I would rather recreate the workspace from scratch. When you add elements of your analysis one by one you may have a chance to pinpoint what causes the issue. It could be a rather lengthy way to troubleshoot the issue but I don't see an easy way. It could be a some study that causes the Java VM to fail.
I have a good amount of third party apps. Could be that. Thanks for the info

Shtick Hustler

Mac OS here also. No crashing for me.

Using CQG connection on M1 Mac OS 13.4.1.

nooris

6.9.0 crashed a couple of times, but its back to being stable again since 6.9.1

I run MW on an M1 mini with 8GB ram, it auto allocates only 2GB to MW, which runs flawlessly even with a ton of charts.

Last edited: