Laggy DOM when placing bracket orders

flaviuspop

Hello,

I am using a MacBook Pro 16, M2 Max, 64 GB RAM and while the market is open I can't trade because of the lag I have once I place a trade with bracket orders.

Please check the video attached.

Interesting fact, I've installed the same workspace on a windows laptop and it runs flawlessly.

Are there any changes I can make on MW to have it work faster?

Thank you.

itradefutures

That's real weird.

Have you tried the max heap setting?

When firing up MotiveWave in -> Advanced, you can designate more RAM to the program. That may help.

Other than that, I have no idea; I'm also a Mac user and have never encountered this.

flaviuspop

Yes, I did.

Looks like it only happens if I am on the 4k external monitor.

So far if I move MW on the laptop's screen then everything is fine.

Donovan2580

Yes, I did.

Looks like it only happens if I am on the 4k external monitor.

So far if I move MW on the laptop's screen then everything is fine.
I have the exact same problem. I am running on a 5K monitor... I have Windows 11 scale 150% so the text, etc is more readable and I found that to be the root cause for the lag. If I change the resolution on that monitor to something "Normal" the lag goes away.

So basically if I make my nice fancy monitor appear to be a 10 year old low DPI monitor while running MW the lag with the brackets goes away :rolleyes:

flaviuspop

Update:
I downgraded from 32 inch, 4k monitor to a 27inch, 2k monitor with 120Hz (same as laptop screen in Hz) and things are looking pretty good so far. For now I don't see a lag.

barker

Update:
I downgraded from 32 inch, 4k monitor to a 27inch, 2k monitor with 120Hz (same as laptop screen in Hz) and things are looking pretty good so far. For now I don't see a lag.
Would be interested in any conversations had with Apple support. Is this some kind of error or can we not efficiently use 4K externals? Was about to purchase two monitors also for a MacBook Pro.

barker

I have the exact same problem. I am running on a 5K monitor... I have Windows 11 scale 150% so the text, etc is more readable and I found that to be the root cause for the lag. If I change the resolution on that monitor to something "Normal" the lag goes away.

So basically if I make my nice fancy monitor appear to be a 10 year old low DPI monitor while running MW the lag with the brackets goes away :rolleyes:
With this imply, there’s some kind of error or bug with the MotiveWave graphics side there has to be a way to counter this.

Donovan2580

Just a follow up / random question... Is anyone that is experiencing this lag using the OrderFlow Labs studies by any chance?

Incandenza

Just a follow up / random question... Is anyone that is experiencing this lag using the OrderFlow Labs studies by any chance?
Yes, I'm still getting serious lag with bracket orders and OFL studies :/ I'm tempted to try running MW via parallels to see if it improves things.