HUGE Problem with Chart in CFD and Futures!!!

amirzayyani

Hello every one. I have a big problem with chart differences in CFD and Futures. I developed a strategy which depends on correct information which chart gives me and it is based on CFD chart. I also use order flow in this strategy. The problem is that CFD and Futures chart are different and I used several roll over methods but the issue still remains. For example for 6E chart: Price had a reversal from pointed area in CFD while in Futures chart same area is broken. How should I fix this?

Attachments

• 1712832055732.png
    1712832055732.png
    223.1 KB · Views: 8

MrSharky

CFDs and futures are two different instruments, traded on different markets and priced differently by the market. How are they suppose to show same price action at all?

amirzayyani

CFDs and futures are two different instruments, traded on different markets and priced differently by the market. How are they suppose to show same price action at all?
I know but they are not so different in ES or NQ. They are so different in 6E. I wanted to know that is it normal or not

amirzayyani

Also I have problem for trading Order Flow. I am asking this question because I draw my levels in futures chart but price (specially in 6E) reacts to CFD levels and this make me confuse.

itradefutures

Yes, it's normal.

As Mr Sharky said, they are different instruments.

Futures are centralised. Every transaction goes through the CME. CFDs work on a broker model. Therefore, for CFDs, the price will differ between brokers. Sometimes greatly.

No order flow trader, well, one that understands order flow at least, will trade CFDs; they trade futures because order flow requires you to read the tape, and you can only do that by trading futures because each order is routed via the CME, an exchange, not a broker like CFDs.