DOM for the active instrument

MikeT

Is there a feature that would automatically switch the DOM window based on which instrument chart I have active?
What happens to me sometimes is that I want to trade ES but have the NQ DOM active and before I notice I place the trade on NQ.

So if my mouse is on the left ES chart, the ES DOM tab would automatically be visible.
If my mouse is on the left NQ chart, the DOM would also switch to NQ.

1714115413152.png

nooris

They added this feature recently. It says look in the drop down menu? Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 5.12.34 PM.png

MikeT

@Donovan2580 @MrSharky
Any of you guys know how to use this feature? You seem to be the kings of MW here.

Essentially what I'm looking for is that when I have the ES chart active/highlighted it automatically makes the ES DOM window active.
When I have MES chart active, it makes MES DOM active.

It happens to me quite often that I want to trade ES but overlook that my DOM is on MES (or vice versa) and then trade the incorrect instrument.

Thanks!

MrSharky

You need a standalone chart window and a standalone DOM window. Link them by same color. The instrument in the chart window will link to the standalone DOM which will show same instrument. If you want a different instrument you need to change the instrument in the linked chart or the DOM ticker. You cant link several Chart windows to one DOM, is my understanding of the function. You can have a watchlist also and change instrument from the watchlist on all windows if linked. I dont get the point of this function personally. Since I dont think its what we are looking for. But I might be completely wrong.

MikeT

You need a standalone chart window and a standalone DOM window. Link them by same color. The instrument in the chart window will link to the standalone DOM which will show same instrument. If you want a different instrument you need to change the instrument in the linked chart or the DOM ticker. You cant link several Chart windows to one DOM, is my understanding of the function. You can have a watchlist also and change instrument from the watchlist on all windows if linked. I dont get the point of this function personally. Since I dont think its what we are looking for. But I might be completely wrong.

ok thanks. Yes you're right 😄