Copying analyses to a different instrument / ticker

kc6

Is there a way to copy analyses (i.e. all the studies and their configurations) to another ticker.
For example if I have a market profile layout with TPO, VP, Imprint etc all configured in a certain way for /ES, is there a way to copy all of that in one fell swoop to another layout for /NQ?
Currently the only way I see to achieve this is for each study saving the configuration as the default and then applying this default to the other layout - this seems like not the best way to do this (lol) so I'm wondering if I'm missing a trick here.

Donovan2580

I use a template to do this... I set it up the way I like it on ES and then load the template on NQ or RTY.

When you are looking at a chart on the ES that you would like to duplicate on the NQ follow these steps:

On your ES chart Right Click on an empty space on the chart and select Template > Save As.

Now when you go to a NQ chart just Right Click and select Template and choose the template you just saved.

Just make sure the correct time frame is selected as the template will not bring in the time frame - you need to do that manually before applying the template.

Let me know if that is what you were looking for. ;)

kc6

T
I use a template to do this... I set it up the way I like it on ES and then load the template on NQ or RTY.

When you are looking at a chart on the ES that you would like to duplicate on the NQ follow these steps:

On your ES chart Right Click on an empty space on the chart and select Template > Save As.

Now when you go to a NQ chart just Right Click and select Template and choose the template you just saved.

Just make sure the correct time frame is selected as the template will not bring in the time frame - you need to do that manually before applying the template.

Let me know if that is what you were looking for. ;)
That was exactly what I needed! Thank you :)

Fair101

I've also been trying between analyses and templates when changing instruments.

The template function works, but when it is applied to the new chart, the study functions are not visible to edit in the top left of the chart. Does anyone know how to get the individual studies in the templated chart to appear so I can adjust their parameters for a new instrument??

kc6

I've also been trying between analyses and templates when changing instruments.

The template function works, but when it is applied to the new chart, the study functions are not visible to edit in the top left of the chart. Does anyone know how to get the individual studies in the templated chart to appear so I can adjust their parameters for a new instrument??
If the studies are there but only the labels are missing, it may be that the "Show Study Labels" option in Chart Settings is unchecked

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-02 at 12.00.29.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-02 at 12.00.29.png
    480 KB · Views: 6

Fair101

Thanks for the suggestion - unfortunately, the 'Show Study Labels' box is checked in the templated chart but not showing the labels.

Instead, the name of the template is shown where the study labels used to be

erp

@Fair101 I've noticed this on Templates, as well. I just right click on the Study and choose Edit. Or you can see them all in the Object Viewer and right click and select Properties.

Fair101

@erp Thanks for this.

Tried right click and it did the job - just have to be bit precise on catching the right study if using multiple overlays on the chart

Reactions: erp

Donovan2580

You can change that here:

1691010574051.png