Anyone trading Fair Value Gaps?

mattmar10

I’ve recently started looking into Fair Value Gaps and I noticed there isn’t any built in study (that I could find) for showing these gaps. So, I decided to make a study for it. I was just curious if anyone trades these routinely as I’m curious about what settings make sense to go into the study. Any tips out there? Happy to share with the community if there is any interest.

Reactions: lvm

Donovan2580

I look at fair value gaps as well - I am currently drawing them in by hand :rolleyes:

I would love to take a look at what you came up with!!

I have often wondered how MW would handle a FVG study across multiple time frames - IE if you draw it on the 1 minute chart if it would be visible on a higher time frame, etc.

mattmar10

I look at fair value gaps as well - I am currently drawing them in by hand :rolleyes:

I would love to take a look at what you came up with!!

I have often wondered how MW would handle a FVG study across multiple time frames - IE if you draw it on the 1 minute chart if it would be visible on a higher time frame, etc.
That’s what I was working on today his afternoon. I think it’s nearly there. I’m away from the computer at the moment; but tomorrow, I’ll see if I can figure out how to post a video of what I’ve come up with so far.

JoshS

I find them to be hit or miss -- but in general if you combine them with other context, they can be nice. Order-blocks as well.

I wrote something for my own personal use a while ago so I can confirm it's quite possible -- and if you have the know-how, you can absolutely layer a different timeframe.

Coenw

I’ve recently started looking into Fair Value Gaps and I noticed there isn’t any built in study (that I could find) for showing these gaps. So, I decided to make a study for it. I was just curious if anyone trades these routinely as I’m curious about what settings make sense to go into the study. Any tips out there? Happy to share with the community if there is any interest.
Sounds interesting! Thank you for posting.

Coenw

Thanks for posting the video. It very interesting to have an aide to stop gaps. Great you got this worked out.
I noticed several different indicators under Matt Martin. Did you write them all yourself?

mattmar10

Thanks for posting the video. It very interesting to have an aide to stop gaps. Great you got this worked out.
I noticed several different indicators under Matt Martin. Did you write them all yourself?
Sure, no problem. Yes, I'm a software engineer by trade so I'm trying to lean on what I know to help build towards becoming a better trader. A couple of those you saw are sort of a work in progress, but the Daily and Weekly levels studies are pretty well hardened and this new FVG study is coming along.

For fun, here is a screenshot of the Daily Levels Study... it is based on historical volatility and normal distributions to generate target levels at the open of the day... it makes for really good exit targets. If only I could get the entries down. :LOL:
Screenshot 2023-02-26 at 10.47.07 AM.png

Donovan2580

Here's what a have so far. I think its coming along nicely.

Looks fantastic! Would you be willing to share that study with those of us who lack the programming knowledge? :)

If not - I understand, just thought I would ask. Great work!

Coenw

Sure, no problem. Yes, I'm a software engineer by trade so I'm trying to lean on what I know to help build towards becoming a better trader. A couple of those you saw are sort of a work in progress, but the Daily and Weekly levels studies are pretty well hardened and this new FVG study is coming along.

For fun, here is a screenshot of the Daily Levels Study... it is based on historical volatility and normal distributions to generate target levels at the open of the day... it makes for really good exit targets. If only I could get the entries down. :LOL:
View attachment 1601
Thanks you for posting the chart and information.
For me these graphs are very complicated to use for trading, as you said where to enter.
For price action trading I found the books and online course of Al Brooks very useful.

uka

How do I add study to my chart. Not able to find it in the all studies. TIA!

Limitdown

I too would like to gain access, and please, take the moment to instruct how to apply it to the charts, and make it functional, as I am also new to MW.

On a more practical basis, have you tested using on the AI translators that write code, so in this case, I believe MW uses Java Script, and that would be the desired output, however, TradingView have a few public available indicators, that could be used as source, and the AI could translate, and our tech skillset could tweak in the conversion. Just an idea.

As I understand ICT Concepts said NDOG and NWOG are two that he has printed money from, and highly recommends usage. If we could make same available on the MW platform we could be keeping pace.

Also, are any of you, who know what we are talking about, on Discord, in the session, where we discuss live trading of indices?