Al Brooks Price Action Trading Studies

danielputra

I have written a variety of studies assisting greatly price action traders using Al Brooks teachings.
I have released the 2023 version of my studies, new ones have been added and the existing studies have been extended. The links below have been updated on 27 Feb 2023. Enjoy.

I am really grateful to Al and how much he gives to the trading community. So I am glad to be able to give something back too.

I attach a zipped JAR file containing the compiled and source code. You can get going by simply copying the daniel-yyyy-MM-dd.jar file into your MotiveWave C:\Users\YOUR-LOGIN\MotiveWave Extensions\ Windows folder.

I have created a document describing each study, screenshots, how to use the parameters of each study and what to watch out for. You can get it via this link:

Besides the points mentioned in the 'study document' the studies are stable and complete. I have over 20 years of Java development experience creating enterprise applications. So these studies are developed professionally.

If you extend these studies please consider sharing these here.

May the trend be with you
Daniel

Attachments

• Al-Brooks-Price-Action-Trading-Studies.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 187
Last edited:

Alex2888

I don’t know to much about Al Brooks, but it’s pretty nice that you share this stuff with us. Also the explanations are looking pretty professional. Thanks 👍

Indyan

I have written a variety of studies assisting greatly price action traders using Al Brooks teachings.

I am really grateful to Al and how much he gives to the trading community. So I am glad to be able to give something back too.

I attach a zipped JAR file containing the compiled and source code. You can get going by simply copying the daniel-yyyy-MM-dd.jar file into your MotiveWave C:\Users\YOUR-LOGIN\MotiveWave Extensions\ Windows folder.

I have created a document describing each study, screenshots, how to use the parameters of each study and what to watch out for. You can get it via this link:

Besides the points mentioned in the 'study document' the studies are stable and complete. I have over 20 years of Java development experience creating enterprise applications. So these studies are developed professionally.

Daniel
Thanks for sharing your coded studies based on al brooks to us .

If u get time could u pleaase check this indicator. if u can convert it for motivewave then it would be very useful for motivewave users who trade based on demand supply.

Demand Supply (Orderblock)

Thanks

danielputra

Thanks for sharing your coded studies based on al brooks to us .

If u get time could u pleaase check this indicator. if u can convert it for motivewave then it would be very useful for motivewave users who trade based on demand supply.

Demand Supply (Orderblock)

Thanks
Hi Indyan, thank you for the idea. I checked it out and it looks interesting but I do not believe that at this point in time it will improve my way of trading. So I have to give it a skip.

Coenw

Thanks a lot Daniel for these studies.
Daniel,

I have been using the studies for some days now and must say you made a great piece of work.
In the meantime I order some books to get a better grasp of the Al Brooks price action.

An interesting study in TOS and now also in TradingView is the Weighted S&P AD Indicator.
Here is the link to the TradingView version: https://www.technimentals.net/store/p/weighted-ad
The indicator was developed by ShadowTrader and I have seen some very good results.
In this video
starting at the 25 minutes mark, you find information how this indicator is used.

Thanks for your attention.

bmurph901

Daniel,

I just started using this platform and initially made the mistake of thinking someone from Al Brooks' teachings hasn't already graced it's users with something incredibly useful. I am so grateful for the price action community, everyone is so helpful and it just continually reinforces the decision I made to follow Al's work.

I am so appreciative for the studies you have shared, they are extremely intuitive.

Thank you so much for contributing!

GuyD

Daniel
Thank you for this wonderful contribution! Would it be possible to somehow make the Trading Range study referenceable by Trading Indicator’s Strategy Builder? That would be very useful :)

danielputra

Thank you for this wonderful contribution! Would it be possible to somehow make the Trading Range study referenceable by Trading Indicator’s Strategy Builder? That would be very useful :)
Hi Guy, thank you for the compliment.

Would adding the Trading Range study to the 'Strategy Builder' not something Trading Indicator would need to do?

GuyD

Hi Guy, thank you for the compliment.

Would adding the Trading Range study to the 'Strategy Builder' not something Trading Indicator would need to do?
To the best of my understanding not really, MW allows some studies to be “seen” by it, some not. I have no idea as to why since it unnecessarily limits the user.
For example, TI’s strat builder can ‘hook’ onto an EMA study I have on a chart, but not the Trading Range one :/

Thanks again regardless!

ghappy21

Daniel
Thank you for this work. I am new to Al Brooks Price Action. The Bar numbering was my initial need. I see there is much more in your work. Thank you for kindness in sharing.

Last edited:

moe

Thanks a lot Daniel for these studies,in general most are looking to make money from their expertise while you have shared a valuable study(studies)for free,that is very respected and appreciated.

moe

can you help me please ..i do not have the codes when i download the zip file either i am mistaking something or it is not there,the indicator is working but i am trying to have the bar numbers plotted under the bar not the top...