Add Order Ticker & Pre-Open Indicative Price and Volume

kovacs

Dear Support,

Please consider adding these 2 extremely useful features that are already available on other platform (CQG Integrated Client).

1. Order Ticker
More info:
https://help.cqg.com/cqgic/18/default.htm#!Documents/orderticker.htm
Demonstration video:
One more explanation video:

2. Pre-Open Indicative Price and Volume
Demonstration video:

These features would make MotiveWave the very best retail platform.

Thank you for considering it.

nooris

What advantage does the order ticker have over a heat map? It would seem to me that the order ticker will become overwhelming in a fast moving high volume market (example: ES during RTH).

As for indicative open, the best I can do for you is: log into CQG web (https://m.cqg.com/cqg/desktop/logon) before the open and checkout the DOM, it should have the indicative open highlighted. This logs you out of MW, so you can't use both simultaneously.

kovacs

What advantage does the order ticker have over a heat map? It would seem to me that the order ticker will become overwhelming in a fast moving high volume market (example: ES during RTH).

As for indicative open, the best I can do for you is: log into CQG web (https://m.cqg.com/cqg/desktop/logon) before the open and checkout the DOM, it should have the indicative open highlighted. This logs you out of MW, so you can't use both simultaneously.
The advantage is that it combines time & sales with limit orders, and you see the exact large (or small) orders moving around, getting cancelled, stacking and pulling etc, and not just the mass of limit orders sitting at certain levels. Easier to follow what large players vs small players are doing, how they are positioning. Easy to see spoofing, algo activity. You can filter it (similarly to any T&S) if you want to make it less noisy. But of course slower, thicker markets are the best, treasuries, etc.

Thanks for the tip on the indicative open, I will check it out.

luissantillana33

keep ion mind that it might be proprietary to CQG so they may not be able to offer it. I would look into that first & see if it is platform specific since it is only offered on CQG.

kovacs

keep ion mind that it might be proprietary to CQG so they may not be able to offer it. I would look into that first & see if it is platform specific since it is only offered on CQG.
You are right, however on futures.io they recreated it for NinjaTrader8, so it seems it is possible:

I'm not an elite member so can't check if they managed to completely recreate it, or just some functions though.

luissantillana33

oh ok, i saw it but it says it is not compatible with the current NT so it wouldn't load for me. i assume the op would have to update it i guess but idk tbh

kovacs

I'm still hoping MotiveWave would consider implementing this function if there is enough interest. If a single coder was able to make it for NT8 I'm pretty sure their team could do it easily.

luissantillana33

makes sense, i would email support & put feature request in the title so they can add it to their list or put another check mark by it if they have it there already.