Zooming settings

marknovanta

Is there a way to prevent a timeframe change when I zoom on the chart?? I want it to STAY ON THE SAME TIMEFRAME when I zoom in and out

Donovan2580

How are you zooming in on the chart??

There are several ways to do it but I have never seen it change the time frame of the chart.

Last edited:

Donovan2580

I think the easiest way to navigate is by setting up the mouse and using the wheel to zoom in / out. You can configure it by going to the settings shown below.

Also you can hover your mouse over the prices on the right (and the time axis on the bottom) and zoom in/out that way by holding down the mouse and dragging up/down or left/right (If you are on the bottom axis) respectively.

Maybe I have completely misunderstood the question, and I am way off base. If so let me know and I will try and take another stab at it.

Here is what happens when you drag left/right on the time axis at the bottom:

My Gif.gif

1632191140247.png

Last edited:

marknovanta

I think the easiest way to navigate is by setting up the mouse and using the wheel to zoom in / out. You can configure it by going to the settings shown below.

Also you can hover your mouse over the prices on the right (and the time axis on the bottom) and zoom in/out that way by holding down the mouse and dragging up/down or left/right (If you are on the bottom axis) respectively.

Maybe I have completely misunderstood the question, and I am way off base. If so let me know and I will try and take another stab at it.

Here is what happens when you drag left/right on the time axis at the bottom:

View attachment 1015

View attachment 1013

Thank you so much for the reply. I really appreciate. I already knew about all those navigation ways. I just find the zoom tool faster when I have to zoom in a specific part or a way larger chart. It would just be nice if there would be a setting to disable the timeframe change when doing that

ScottyA

It would just be nice if there would be a setting to disable the timeframe change when doing that

This time frame change is a recent update that I unfortunately discovered too. I was working on a 5 min chart when I dragged the time axis to condense the bars, and then all of a sudden, I was on a 1 hour chart. What in the world?!?

I'll dig around Preferences tomorrow. Let me know what you guys discover.

marknovanta

This time frame change is a recent update that I unfortunately discovered too. I was working on a 5 min chart when I dragged the time axis to condense the bars, and then all of a sudden, I was on a 1 hour chart. What in the world?!?

Oh really? I haven't noticed a change in timeframe when dragging the time axis. To me that only happens when using the the magnifying glass tool. Maybe it depends by the system.. I'm on Windows 10

Spin

yep, I noticed this too. Not a fan either. I liked the 'this is the max zoom out setting'. For me no need to change the TF, to 'zoom out' even further ...

Have also been looking around to turn this off. Seems there is no setting for it :cautious:

ScottyA

yep, I noticed this too. Not a fan either. I liked the 'this is the max zoom out setting'. For me no need to change the TF, to 'zoom out' even further ...

Have also been looking around to turn this off. Seems there is no setting for it :cautious:

Couldn't find one either.

@MotiveWave_Jason Would you please shine a light on this for us? We're lost in the dark here

Spin

Dear 'equally frustrated MW-zoomers',

I have good news:

I downloaded 6.5.10 this morning, and behold :

1632569701521.png

Tested and approved :)

(and all of a sudden some of my custom studies are performing correctly again: when I zoomed out to a 'higher TF', and zoomed back in again, the calculations were off, as if the data from the higher TF was still being used. No longer seeing this now)

marknovanta

I have good news:

View attachment 1022

(and all of a sudden some of my custom studies are performing correctly again: when I zoomed out to a 'higher TF', and zoomed back in again, the calculations were off, as if the data from the higher TF was still being used. No longer seeing this now)

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately that option doesn't work. Just tested and when I zoom using the magnifying glass tool, it still changes the timeframe. I hope someone from MW will give us some info about it.
@MotiveWave_Dave @MotiveWave_Jason @MotiveWave_Joe @MotiveWave_Leigh

Spin

marknovanta

Are you sure you are running 6.5.10 ?
I just confirmed again that this setting does the trick on my end 🤷‍♂️
Immagine 2021-09-25 161446.jpg

Yes is that. But nothing. With or without that option checked it doesn't change. If for example I'm on a 1h chart and I zoom in with the zoom tool it always switches to a smaller timeframe like a 15m or 5m or 10m.. once it switched even on a 3m.. It's really annoying

ScottyA

I just confirmed again that this setting does the trick on my end 🤷‍♂️

Worked for me too when sliding the Time Axis.

Haven't tested the Zoom Tool yet.

gravityflyer

I have good news:

View attachment 1022

Oh man, thank goodness for this forum! I recently switched to MotiveWave and have been enjoying the software but was really frustrated with that the zoom changed my timeframe. Glad to see I can disable!

The only remaining issue I have is that the zoom is wayyyy to fast. In particular, zooming into the chart is really fast and seems to 'dive' right into the chart without much smooth transition. Basically it's very sensitive. I hope I explained this correctly?