Why is MW limiting data coming from dxFeed

Az01

If people are paying a premium for data services, why is MW limiting to what can be seen from those providers.

I took a months subscription with dxFeed mainly for CME historical data for long term analysis. But finding that the data only goes back to 2001 because MW has limited how far back the data pulls from even though dxFeed data goes back to the 1970/80s.

Can this be looked at.

luissantillana33

I am also having an issue with MW allowing the data come in & my screens just show a loading line for 20-30 minutes. I am very annoyed & feel that they need to make the effort to fix this. Especially when you are paying not only for the platform but also for an external data feed. Below is what my screens look like. They just don't load anything.

Attachments

• Screenshot (19).png
    Screenshot (19).png
    959.5 KB · Views: 19

Az01

Are you not getting anything at all? My issue is I am not getting enough historical data that I paid to get because MW has set a limit to only go back as far as 2001.

luissantillana33

Are you not getting anything at all? My issue is I am not getting enough historical data that I paid to get because MW has set a limit to only go back as far as 2001.
I am not getting anything, all I get is what you are seeing. I have shut it down & restarted the program several times. It has been like that for the past hour or more now. I can't even trade because of this issue. I am really getting frustrated with it & feel that we should get an update on what is being done to fix it or if they can't fix it then let us know so we are not paying for services that they didn't fully test or cannot support for the time being. I emailed them & am waiting for a reply so I will update when I get something from them.

Az01

I get data for GME, have you tried changing your connection?

Agree with not testing or fully support certain things. But there should be no limitation period. I am paying for data service I should get everything that data provider provides.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-29 at 16.45.54.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-29 at 16.45.54.png
    625.5 KB · Views: 13

luissantillana33

I get data for GME, have you tried changing your connection?

Agree with not testing or fully support certain things. But there should be no limitation period. I am paying for data service I should get everything that data provider provides.
all my data is like yours across the board. It has to be a configuration issue. I had it working yesterday a little after the market opened. But before that during pre-market it was exactly the way you see it. Thank you though, appreciate the help

Az01

all my data is like yours across the board. It has to be a configuration issue. I had it working yesterday a little after the market opened. But before that during pre-market it was exactly the way you see it. Thank you though, appreciate the help
No problem. Lets see what MW has to say

Antares66

I´m also using dxfeed for Nasdaq. When opening a 2m chart for AMZN it only reaches back for 8 days. Is this a setting isssue?

Antares66

What i recognized is that if i use dxfeed alone without a connection to IB i get minute charts back for months. But when creating a workspace for IB and selecting dxfeed under "advanced" as my datafeed i have huge limitations.
When using IB as my broker and dxfeed as my datafeed on a 2m chart for Amazon i get only data for 8 days back.
When using dxfeed alone (extra workspace) i get 2m data for months. I am not sure if dxfeed functions at all when IB is selected as broker (called service). Could it be that the data come from IB and not from dxfeed in this case?
The setting under configure/preferences/historicaldata "IB tick Data" could be a proof for my assumption. If i don´t select them i don´t get any tick data.
Only when selecting them, tick data are possible. But does this make sense at all? Tick data should come from dxfeed and not from IB. Pretty confusing

luissantillana33

I was trying to use TD as my broker & DxFeed for data. I also ended up creating a new workspace with only DxFeed. It seemed my problem was requesting too much data for EW/Harmonics plus indicators & wanting to have up a lot of charts on 4 different time frames. At least that is what they told me from motive wave support. See I like/want to have around 10 tickers up in 4 different time frames at once. I used to do that & more before so I can run through charts looking for setups throughout the day or managing alerts.Maybe around 50-60 charts or so. To alleviate it, upon opening the platform I have one ticker up in 4 time frames & a few more I manage for reference. So now I open with lets say 10 charts in total & use a watchlist linked to the diff time frames etc. I am not 100% happy as I like to have all my stuff up & feel like its a pain having to open each one again every day. But what else can I do? I just still think there has to be a way to make this work, as I was doing it previously. I am content with DxFeed & plan on keeping their data service. I used to see a lot of lag when using my brokers for data TD/Tradier, I think the best one out of the bunch for equities anyway is IB but I don't care for their platform honestly. So this is my fix for now until I can figure more out about it & make adjustments as necessary. Hope this helped some as well.

Antares66

I was trying to use TD as my broker & DxFeed for data. I also ended up creating a new workspace with only DxFeed. It seemed my problem was requesting too much data for EW/Harmonics plus indicators & wanting to have up a lot of charts on 4 different time frames. At least that is what they told me from motive wave support. See I like/want to have around 10 tickers up in 4 different time frames at once. I used to do that & more before so I can run through charts looking for setups throughout the day or managing alerts.Maybe around 50-60 charts or so. To alleviate it, upon opening the platform I have one ticker up in 4 time frames & a few more I manage for reference. So now I open with lets say 10 charts in total & use a watchlist linked to the diff time frames etc. I am not 100% happy as I like to have all my stuff up & feel like its a pain having to open each one again every day. But what else can I do? I just still think there has to be a way to make this work, as I was doing it previously. I am content with DxFeed & plan on keeping their data service. I used to see a lot of lag when using my brokers for data TD/Tradier, I think the best one out of the bunch for equities anyway is IB but I don't care for their platform honestly. So this is my fix for now until I can figure more out about it & make adjustments as necessary. Hope this helped some as well.
Are you daytrading stocks? Had you data lags in tos? Tos does not offer second based charts what dxfeed does. But tick charts in tos are not the same like in MW. For me a 500 tick chart showes how the price changed within 500 trades (one candle). In MW a 500 tickchart shows one candle if the stock price changed for 500 ticks. I hope i am right.