Why does MW keep changing my default trading account from "Simulated" to my TDA account?

a_edwall

I want the Simulated account to always be my default account. But MW keeps changing this. Thank you.

Donovan2580

Have you switched the Default to the Sim Account??? If not - Do this... It worked for me

Go to the accounts page (If you don't have that - New Page > Select Account at top)

You should see your TDA as well as your sim account listed there.

Right click on the sim account and choose "Set as default account"

I hope that helps.

Donovan

a_edwall

Yes, I have done this. And it seems I have to do it every day because MW always changes it back to my TDA account. Very annoying. MW tech support has no answers as to why this happens. It just does.

MotiveWave_Joe

Staff member
Hi,

We would need to be able to reproduce this in order to find it. Kindly send us a backup of your workspace to support@motivewave.com along with some further details of how and when it happens. We'll see if we can track it down.

a_edwall

Hi,

We would need to be able to reproduce this in order to find it. Kindly send us a backup of your workspace to support@motivewave.com along with some further details of how and when it happens. We'll see if we can track it down.

I have already done this, Joe, and you cannot reproduce what I am experiencing. So I think this has become a dead issue. After all, if it doesn't fail for you, how can you fix something that isn't "broken" on your end. Every day when I go into my "Accounts" tab, the "Simulated" account is always marked back to the non-default account.

MotiveWave_Joe

Staff member
Hi,

We can always look at it again if you wish. Just let me know. One thing that you can try in the meantime, is create a new test workspace and see if it does it there. I don't have any other users reporting it so I suspect its a local issue and I want to rule out your workspace. If you are still getting the behavior with the test workspace then send us an email and we can take it from there.