Why does Motivewave take so long to load?

MatDerKater

Why can Motivewave take so long to load, especially if you have a spread full of volume profile data, whilst TradingView on the otherhand populates chart data as snappy as your internet connection allows. I know that TradingView takes broker data feeds and then hosts them on their own servers, but surely Motivewave stores historical data on the user's harddrive, and therefore it shouldn't be so much restricted by the speed of internet connection, but by the speed of the CPU, RAM, SSD, etc?

It is almost as though there was some ropey piece of DRM, that needs to constantly 'phone home', getting in the way of the program's smooth and snappy functioning.

Last edited:
Reactions: t85

t85

I do notice this also....in the most recent update, it seems that things have to refresh as if it's not storing previously downloaded data locally anymore. Wasn't sure if it was just me, but other friends have noted the same as well.

MatDerKater

This is ridiculous......waiting 5 mins for a spread to load up....

C'mon devs..MW wasn't like this just less than one month ago....go back to allowing the program to bring data straight off the hard drive, unhindered and unchecked.

Thankyou.

MatDerKater

Ok...it isn't an online DRM thing....it is some glaring data streaming inefficiency.

In Offline mode, exact same issues....PC's resources sitting largely unused whilst MW stalls and stutters loading in VP data.

uday

I have same issue. If I have multiple tickers on chart. It would take forever to load. My computer has enough power to run MW.

Johnedoe

Shall we also discuss the inordinate amount of time it takes to close down also......
This evening it simply would not close.
And yes I also experience the terrible loading of volume profile swell as big trades data.

MatDerKater

yeah...had to take VP right off my charts (Session VP is still ok, but that is much lower res)....use Trading View for my scant VP needs.