Where to find latest studies source code?

ChrisGRM

Hi,

I wanted to start with the SDK, so I was trying to find the source code for existing studies. As per guideline it says: "All of the studies and strategies that are built into MotiveWave™ were programmed using the SDK. The source code for these are freely available and may be used as examples or starting points."

So I found this:

But these are not all. For example the "Big Trades" study from the Volume Based section is missing. Is there any other database in the meantime or can someone send me the sourcecode for this study please?

Thank you!

Spin

MW did decide a while ago that they are no longer sharing Study's source code, except for a few exceptions.

You can still mail and ask them, but many Studies will no longer be available 🤷‍♂️

mwUserGreg

Hi,

I wanted to start with the SDK, so I was trying to find the source code for existing studies. As per guideline it says: "All of the studies and strategies that are built into MotiveWave™ were programmed using the SDK. The source code for these are freely available and may be used as examples or starting points."

So I found this:

But these are not all. For example the "Big Trades" study from the Volume Based section is missing. Is there any other database in the meantime or can someone send me the sourcecode for this study please?

Thank you!

Yeah, I think that was a result of a several email exchange and phone conversation I had with them. They complained that if they let that source code get out, then nobody would want to pay for an upgraded version of their platform as it was a main feature in the level or two up. Seems a bit ridiculous but maybe they are hurting for cashflow, who knows.... I don't see them supporting this forum space as well as they should and support via email generally takes too long, as well as not having an 800 support number accessible to US callers (at least I didn't find one). Don't get me wrong, the platform itself is pretty cool and capable but it's not without its issues. A lot of freeze-ups recently, especially when it seems it could be related to handing off order information, at least mine seem to correlate often with that. Add to that some compiling issues when using the latest SDK and comments within their own code saying that a section should really be done a different way, or //TO DOs.... they should just hire the required personnel and getRdun. my 2 cents.