Where is the list for the active studies on a chart to edit?

rogerthat

If I have several studies active and not hidden on the chart, where do I go to simply edit them individually? I don't have the legend visible for many of them and can't find a main list anywhere.

rogerthat

Such a basic need. The more I use this software, the more I see the development controlled by IT minded folks and not User Experience minded folks.

sragone

What you could use is the "Object Viewer" by going to View -> Object Viewer. I set up my Object Viewer command on the tool bar, so that I could access it when I need to. When you find the study you want to edit inside the Object Viewer, simply right-click on the study and choose "Properties".

Last edited:

rogerthat

Sir, thank you for the workaround. But why in the hell are we left to our own devices to figure such simple functions out!?

rogerthat

This also proves my point... Only an IT minded developer would call these 'Objects' when they are studies to 90%+ of users.

Absurd. Hire some UX folks Motivewave.

sragone

The Object Viewer not only contains the studies that are active, but it will list everything else that is not a study such as arrows, guidelines, volume profiles, etc.. This is probably why the "Object Viewer" nomenclature was chosen. I actually like the Object Viewer, because it saves me from having to hunt all over the chart to find something that I may have drawn days or weeks past. Anyway, good luck with your trading.

Last edited:

rctrader

If I have several studies active and not hidden on the chart, where do I go to simply edit them individually? I don't have the legend visible for many of them and can't find a main list anywhere.
Push the following buttons on Mac "Command" and "V" Button at the same time and on Windows push "Control" and "V" at the same time. This will bring up the object viewer.