Watchlist Weirdness

Spin

Dear panel, I have to come and pick your brain again. :sneaky:

I am adjusting a client's (custom) Study, so that it shows its Buy & Sell signals in a nice 'watchlist' overview, instead of the Alarm History (since several signals have to be 'true' at the same time, client prefers this method over the -sometimes harder to follow- Alert History)

The Study has multiple different signals hardcoded in it and the idea is to have a column in the Watchlist for each of them, so that one can easily spot when enough of the 'lights' are green and the trigger can be pulled to open a trade.

So I coded this in the Study:
Java:
{MarkerInfo marker = getSettings().getMarker(MARKER4);
                     if (marker.isEnabled())
                     addFigure(Plot.PRICE, new Marker((cLowest), Enums.Position.BOTTOM, marker));
                     ctx.signal(index, Signals.TINY_BUY, "Very Small Buy ?", series.getClose(index));
                     series.setBoolean(index, Signals.TINY_BUY, true);
                               }

and -no surprise there- this does draw markers on the chart when conditions are met:

One can clearly see in the Cursor Data Window that the value for 'Tiny Buy' is indeed set to 'true' for the 10:30 bar.
That bar does also fire off a signal, as expected:

I also added some debugging code to be 100% sure the value is indeed set to 'true' for that bar. Again: everything looks fine there. So far, so good !

And then the weirdness appears:
I create a 'custom column' in a watchlist, and set it to return the 'Study Value' (which should be the string 'true' imo) in the column when that 'tiny sell'-value is indeed equal to 'true'. Seems fairly straightforward, right ?

No matter what I try time-wise (using this bar, or the last, or 2 bars ago, or ...), or 'layout-wise' (having it print the Study's 'true' value, or a custom text, default coloring, custom coloring, ...) that dreaded 'tiny buy' column stays empty :cry:

(Please refer to the screenshot in the next post, this forum only allows 5 attachments in one post)

Attachments

• watch4.png
    watch4.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 5

Spin

So, here's my cry for help to you all:

WHY won't the Watchlist print my 'true' value ?
  • Is something wrong with my (watchlist / custom column) settings ?
  • Do I need to code it differently ?
  • Or is this a bug in MW's code ?
Thanks in advance for all your remarks / advice ! :)

PS: on a sidenote: I noticed that sometimes adjustments you make in a custom column's conditions are not reflected in the column itself until you uncheck 'bar updates' in the custom column's settings, click ok, and then check 'bar updates' again.

Last edited: