Warning and confirmation popup on long indicator rendering

This is extremely logical quality of life feature. First time I've added Volume Profile on daily chart by default it wasn't using minute bars and I figured that after 10 mins of loading that the operation will never end. Then I had to go to minute chart, put it there and modify the default behaviour so it's usable in high time frames.

Please calculate the time needed to draw an indicator and give a warning if it's going to last more than minute and give a choice between confirming it, canceling and changing parameters.

I have Macbook Pro M1 Pro with 32GB or RAM and I've allocated 16GB (both normal and graphics) and I still way too often put an indicator which loads indefinitely. It's not reasonable to not have a single warning (or loading bar) that would indicate that you've started an operation that won't be done until tomorrow.

Last edited:

nooris

I agree. I had a similar grievance with anchored VWAP which I reported to support by email. They said they will work on a solution. The more complaints they get, the more they take it seriously. Please email them at support@motivewave.com. Unfortunately they are not active on their own forum.

I've written to them. As I'm a mid-senior Java developer, I went to investigation and figured out that the cause is API rate limits of brokers. It's easy to calculate time needed for rendering an indicator. I've written it to them in a form of developers ticket with a solution. Hopefully they acknowledge it.