volume profile per session

Tintin

Hello everybody,
Does anyone knows how to apply a volume profile in such a way that it recognise the RTH session and the ON session in the ES?
I actually want to see Volume Profile for each of the session on the same chart, for example on a 15 minutes chart.
Thanks

Donovan2580

Hey Tintin,

I am not sure if this will get you what you are looking for, but there seems to be more options if you go through the Volume Imprint study and then choose the Profile tab. As you can see there is an option to split ETH and RTH.

Another option: If you put on a volume profile using the "Components" bar; you can just drag it onto any chart & then adjust the start and finish of the profile by just dragging the little "nodes" to the beginning and end of where you want to profile calculated.

Hope one of these suggestions will help you out.

Donovan

Capture.PNG

coys997

I kept looking for Volume Profile to do what you're looking for and Donovan above is correct. Utilize TPO for this, but set your first Column as "Profile" and it should set up the you want.

Tintin

Thank you so much Donovan and Coyss997,
I'm used to work with Investor RT and now studying the MotiveWave which I really like.I attached a screen shot of the profile and the split I'm looking for.

Attachments

• Split session with volume.JPG
    Split session with volume.JPG
    177.3 KB · Views: 39

Donovan2580

Hey Tintin,

You should be able to preproduce that with the advice above

Pejman

HI All

Do Volume profile and TPO in components work for daily time frame or above?
do you have any experience?

thanks

Donovan2580

Yes you can plot these on any time frame. I use the weekly on the ES all the time.

While you can do it with components, it is easier to get a daily or weekly by just using the study and configuring the time frame to what you need.