Volume profile for RTH

PSAN

Hello,
Right now, either I have to use "Daily volume profile" which applies to multiple days but it applies for the whole day instead of RTH. The other option through components from tool bar which is more like flexible volume profile which I need to apply it multiple times.

Is there a easy way to apply volume profile to the chart for RTH timeframe across multiple days?

Cheers!!

Donovan2580

Try putting on the Volume Profile using the Volume Imprint study. There is quite a bit more flexibility going that route.

That is how I create the chart below which is a RTH only daily VP chart. If you need me to post the settings to achieve this chart I will happily do that.

Hope that helps :)

RTYU1 - Untitled - Jun-13 2243 PM (1 day).png

Last edited:

PSAN

Hello Donovan2580,

Yes, Please help me with the screenshot of the settings. I did try this option before but only could get footprint chart and not the way you have shown here in the screenshot. What I see in your screenshot is what i am after.

Thanks for your quick response!! You are awesome!!

Cheers!!

Donovan2580

The volume imprint study has a bunch of tabs at the top. I have attached the only ones you really need to change to achieve this chart.

Make sure to apply this to a DAILY chart.

I also turned off the candles by just selecting "No Bars" (Chart Settings > Bar Type)

FYI - If it comes in with a bunch of numbers at the bottom & you want to get rid of it - Go to the totals tab and turn it off.

Settings 1.PNGSettings 2.PNGSettings 3.PNG

Last edited:

PSAN

Donovan2580,

This worked as explained by you through screenshots. Thanks a bunch!!

All these standard templates MW should make it available, so that individuals can tweak based on their needs, right? Are you aware of anything of that sort?

MotiveWave_Joe,
I am new to Motivewave and struggling to get Market profile, footprint chart and volume profile done in the way i wish to have. Yes, the video's are decent; but my problem is I trade NQ and the price range does not fit it

For eg:
1. In the Market profile - the fonts are not visible, so watching opening range in the context of previous few days is difficult - again due to range. but there are other products which does better. I even tried with bigger screen and don't think it is due to the visual realestate.

2. Volume profile - as explained above it is on daily profile. If I want to see it against 10 mins or 5 mins bar across multiple days, the config seems to be too complex, rather than just enabling volume profile across multiple days with any time-period based chart, viewable in a decent way.

Any other threads that helps to customise would be great!!

PSAN

MotiveWave_Joe,
Just an example from another product - 15 mins Bars of NQ with multiple days view to see support and resistance levels through VP. The VP automatically starts during RTH with no additional configs.

The same view is possible in MW, but it is not straightforward, unless i miss something. This is the reason for asking templates from MW.

This is in AEST timezone, so you see the RTH during the night hours!!

I can clearly see you have all the functionalities, just about making it easier to configure is all it needs.

Cheers!!

Donovan2580

You can achieve the same thing on MW - Once you have the setup the way you like it, just save it as a template and you can easily apply those settings with just 1 mouse-click. (See below for a 15 min chart with RTH only Daily VP's).

Regarding the TPO letters not being visible - Can you share a screenshot of what you are seeing? It might be a spacing issue that you can tweak.

ESU1 - Untitled - Jun-14 2248 PM (15 min).png

PSAN

Donovan2580,

Yes, thanks for your direction, spent some 30 mins and working through it got what I am after.

W.r.to MP, here are the screenshots..

BIG Thanks for offering to look into it!!

Cheers!!

Donovan2580

I am going to take a stab at guessing what this is - If not maybe someone else might find this helpful down the road :)

Is it possible that you are fighting against the built in "Auto-scaling"?? I had that problem when I first started using the software.

The first thing I would do is turn off auto-scale (If you do not have that icon in your toolbar Chart Settings > Scaling > Switch to "Price Range"

Auto Scale.png

Then I would go into chart settings and make sure to UNCHECK the 2 ticks from edge

Ticks From Edge.png

If you configure your mouse the way shown below you can manipulate the chart very easily. With this setup scrolling up/down (With mouse-wheel) will squash or expand the chart from top to bottom. Hold down "Alt" + Mouse-wheel and that will squeeze/widen the chart from side to side.

Mouse Settings.PNG

The other thing I would do is constraining the width of the TPO & see if that helps.

TPO Settings.png

Let me know if any of that helped at all

Last edited:

PSAN

Hello Donovan2580,

This is big help!!

I am almost there. I could see 100 point price range for NQ with this setup.

I just configured to the setup you have mentioned. Changed the tick interval from 1 to 7 and changed the font from size to 12 to 10; Font type you see here is "Times New Roman" - just my choice and not related to the problem reported here.

Also added the volume profile here. Looks great!!

Thanks for your help!!

I will export this as a template bit later, so that it can be of help to other novice users of MW.