Volume Imprint Data Loading Taking Forever

rlly___rlly

Last couple month or so I have started having this issue with volume imprint loading data taking for FFF@#%King ever. This is obviously a larger time frame and so I understand there's a lot of data to be pulled but the problem came out of no where. Used to load in a few seconds and now takes anywhere from 5-15 minutes. Not a super tech/computer savvy individual so any help is appreciated.

Screen Shot 2023-06-02 at 09.21.02.png

itradefutures

Rithmic has always been slow for me too. The one thing that's improved it for me is the "Save Live Tick Data" function. I'd give that a go if you haven't got that turned on.

"Save Live Tick Data – For CQG and Rithmic, live incoming ticks (Time And Sales) can be saved to disk to avoid loading historical tick data from the server. This feature can be disabled from the Preferences Dialog (Configure -> Preferences from the Console menu bar, see Historical Data tab)."

ivory

I subscribed to dxFeed specifically to check if it's any better and no, it isn't. It's really heartbreaking...

rlly___rlly

Rithmic has always been slow for me too. The one thing that's improved it for me is the "Save Live Tick Data" function. I'd give that a go if you haven't got that turned on.

"Save Live Tick Data – For CQG and Rithmic, live incoming ticks (Time And Sales) can be saved to disk to avoid loading historical tick data from the server. This feature can be disabled from the Preferences Dialog (Configure -> Preferences from the Console menu bar, see Historical Data tab)."
do you know if the data can be stored on an external ssd? Ive completely deleted all history from hard drive and uninstalled app. re installed on nvme w/ enclosure. was able to write it there during the install but still storing all of the data on my hard drive.. I really dont understand that

ivory

I've been discussing this with Customer Support - so far there no solutions beyond the "use Historical Minutes Bars at the expense of accuracy", which doesn't resolve the problem.

do you know if the data can be stored on an external ssd?
MotiveWave does store tick data on disk. On macOs, I can see files in the following directory:

/Users/$$user name here$$/Library/MotiveWave/historical_data/$$data provider name here$$/$$market symbol here$$

You could probably copy these files to your external drive. How (and if) effective that would be, I don't know. It is my impression that most of the time is spent accumulating bars, not downloading data.