Volume delta profile hand tool

Jan

It would be great if there was a way to not just have a hand tool for a volume profile, but also for a volume delta profile. Currently the only way to get a volume delta profile for a given chart range is to use the volume imprint study, switch on the summary profile, set it on type delta and on time span visible bars, and then squeeze the chart so that it shows exactly the range for which we want to see the volume delta histogram.

Volume delta histograms are important, because they show where traders are trapped and potentially try to close their positions at breakeven and therefore cause a bounce in price. One method is to start the delta profile count at the beginning of a trend move (especially if it coincides with a news event. That's why a hand tool would be important, because the profile could be registered to the beginning of the move.

Vtrades

I second this request. I think this feature would be a great addition to the tools that are already available.

Reactions: Jan

AlexP

100% agree and would love this as a feature. I use delta profile a lot and its extremely annoying have to resize the chart just so my "visible bars" summary profile will do what I am looking for, this would be amazing. This also should be added to the Volume Profile study as well, that way you don't have to use an Imprint just to get the summary profile from it.

Reactions: Jan