Version 6.0 - Cloud Workspaces

Spin

So, a friend of mine pointed me to the fact that Cloud Workspaces also generate alerts from signals and even send mails (with the chart attached !) Nice feature ! (y)

This must mean the (proprietary) study code is uploaded to the MotiveWave Cloud / Server.

Does that also mean MW can see which rules a Study follows ? What requirements have to be met in order to generate a signal / alert ?

Or is all this lost when compiling in an IDE ?

:unsure:

MotiveWave_Jason

Staff member
Hello Spin,

The cloud workspace feature will upload your workspace to our server, you can then load this workspace from another computer. Nothing is actually being run from the cloud, your workspace is just stored there.

Spin

I understand, thank you for your answer.

But my friend also told me that -even though his laptop was shut down and stored in his bag during his morning commute- he still received mails generated by signals. The only logical explanation I see for this is that the study code is uploaded as well and still 'runs' in the cloud workspace.

My question thus remains: can MotiveWave 'see' what code is being run by studies, what requirements have to be met to fire off signals, which secrets make a great trading strategy ? Or is that code obfuscated during compilation in, say, Eclipse IDE ?

MotiveWave_Jason

Staff member
But my friend also told me that -even though his laptop was shut down and stored in his bag during his morning commute- he still received mails generated by signals. The only logical explanation I see for this is that the study code is uploaded as well and still 'runs' in the cloud workspace.

My question thus remains: can MotiveWave 'see' what code is being run by studies, what requirements have to be met to fire off signals, which secrets make a great trading strategy ? Or is that code obfuscated during compilation in, say, Eclipse IDE ?
Hello Spin,

There is no way for MotiveWave to send signals if it's not running. Is he running it on a virtual private server or possibly thinking of another platform?

MotiveWave reads and runs all code locally. Our server can only save the workspace/analyses, there is no function beyond that.

Spin

That is what I thought. Let me get back to him to check what REALLY went on there.

Thanks for your help ! (y)