Using 3rd Party Libaries (MySQL)

SA1

I'm trying to implement a connection to a database using the MySQL J Connector. This is referenced in this thread (https://support.motivewave.com/forum/index.php?threads/interfacing-charts-with-mysql.15/). The SDK Guide says "Starting with version 5.4.21 third-party libraries (jar files) can now be used in the SDK. These jar files must be added in the ext subdirectory of the MotiveWave Extensions directory. On startup of MotiveWave, all jar files in this subdirectory will be added to the class path."

Here's the problem - no matter what I do, I get a "No suitable driver found" error. This indicates that the J Connector library is not in the class path, even though I have added it to the ext directory. I've even tried including the dependency in my strategy jar files, but that didn't work either.

I know the code I have works, because I have tested it outside a MotiveWave strategy. Does anyone have any ideas as to why I cannot get the driver to register when I use it in MotiveWave? Obviously it is supposed to work, as the forum post by Tony talks about exactly what I am trying to do.

Chaklader

I put the JAR file in the lib folder in the IntelliJ and using. Can you try that, too?