Universal Workspace Configuration

CashPrince

Hello

Please pardon the ignorance. I have tried to no avail to figure out how I can create a workspace that never changes regardless of the ticker I enter. When working from the home tab. As you can see, I like to see different time calculations of Elliot wave and even when I think I am about to get it right, it flips when I try to apply a template that was already saved.

From a background perspective, I am quite comfortable with the conveniences built-in into the thinkorswim platform by TDAmeritrade. I am looking to configure a universal template or workspace that includes my favorite indicators and settings that are linked and configured in different timeframes. I would like to be able to configure an ES chart from 1 minute all the way to 1 year and open it at will. Also, I want to be able to do the same thing for ES and or any other ticker I want. If possible, I would also like to have a blanket template that I can use to call up any ticker without having to go set up the configuration in different timeframes--and I am ashamed to say that I have used templates and workspaces in Motivewave to no avail thus far--hence my call out for help!

One constant characteristic I have noted is that as soon as I call up a different ticker, all the settings and configurations I have on my preferences vanish. And sometimes, if I try to apply a template study in the 1m timeframe, I would like to have that template and settings applied to the other timeframes without resetting their timeframe to 1 minute as well. I know I can do this on Thinkorswim but I am not sure if it is possible on this platform. Am I losing my mind, or am I going about it wrong? I really love the method of chart tabs on the home tab and would love to know if there’s anything I can do. Please note that I have gone through the chart setup tutorial before to no avail.

I have attached an example of the setup I would like to keep forever even if I enter a news ticker, and one that I just applied a different template on--as you can see, because the saved template was for 1 minute, all my open and linked tabs turned to 1 minute as well. Well, that is not what I wanted. I wanted the template with indicators and settings to be applied in each different timeframes without changing the timeframes. I do know that the drawings and custom stuff will not remain, but I was hoping for my preferences and chart setup tabs configuration to remain even if I apply a different template. Is there a trick to doing this with workspaces like you can with thinkorswim?

Please let me know if I can clarify anything.

Thanks, again!
CashPrince

before.pngafter.png

Donovan2580

I am not the one to be able to help you with keeping your analysis the same while switching symbols, but I can see something you can do to get a lot better handle on this.

I had the same thing (A bunch of ES charts at the top) for a long time before I realized that you can do this.

In the "Blue area" of the toolbar each symbol should only be listed once - You then want to open up analysis files underneath it. It is kind of like a subdirectory / tree structure. As you can see in the screenshot below I have only 3 symbols listed, but each symbol has 5 or 6 different analysis tabs underneath.

To do this - Make sure to save each analysis under some sort of a descriptive name to start with (File > Chart > Save As).

While you are looking at a chart: File > Chart > Manage Analysis and then double click on whatever chart you analysis want to load. This should bring in a chart under the same "Master symbol" but open up a new tab underneath the symbol like I have shown in the picture below.

While this is not going to help you in exactly what you are looking for, I do believe this is going to make your life a lot easier :)

Also keep in mind there are two different animals we are dealing with here - Templates and Analysis. I use templates for different study layouts, whereas analysis files seem to be attached to the specific symbol.

Hopefully that helps in some way - I wish I could help with your larger issue, but I only look at the same 3 symbols every day so I am not much help in that department.

1642464548236.png

Here are a few links that might be of help:

Last edited:

CashPrince

I am not the one to be able to help you with keeping your analysis the same while switching symbols, but I can see something you can do to get a lot better handle on this.

I had the same thing (A bunch of ES charts at the top) for a long time before I realized that you can do this.

In the "Blue area" of the toolbar each symbol should only be listed once - You then want to open up analysis files underneath it. It is kind of like a subdirectory / tree structure. As you can see in the screenshot below I have only 3 symbols listed, but each symbol has 5 or 6 different analysis tabs underneath.

To do this - Make sure to save each analysis under some sort of a descriptive name to start with (File > Chart > Save As).

While you are looking at a chart: File > Chart > Manage Analysis and then double click on whatever chart you analysis want to load. This should bring in a chart under the same "Master symbol" but open up a new tab underneath the symbol like I have shown in the picture below.

While this is not going to help you in exactly what you are looking for, I do believe this is going to make your life a lot easier :)

Also keep in mind there are two different animals we are dealing with here - Templates and Analysis. I use templates for different study layouts, whereas analysis files seem to be attached to the specific symbol.

Hopefully that helps in some way - I wish I could help with your larger issue, but I only look at the same 3 symbols every day so I am not much help in that department.

View attachment 1128

Here are a few links that might be of help:

Thanks so much for your reply. The analysis is a brilliant idea, and I will definitely start playing with it. I wish the team at MotiveWave could somehow add the functionality I am asking--I think it is crucial for analyzing charts and tickers. I am a big fan of this software and really hope they can somehow accommodate it. Please share if anyone knows how to set a global/Universal Workspace Configuration.

Thank you!