Trying to put numbers/letters on chart in a study

Trimble

Cannot find language to put number and/or letters on chart in a programmed study. Can put markers where I want them, but cannot find a way to put numbers/letters. Tried using Enums.MarkerType and using types that appear to be numbers or letters, but they all come out blobs. Anyone have any ideas? Has to be a way because MW puts Elliott numbers and letters on charts.

Second question: a few months ago the question was asked about removing markers on previous bars, and a suggestion was made to use "removeFigure", but there was no follow-up. Anyone have any further ideas on how to do this?

Thanks for help.

igor.s

Take a look at:

com.motivewave.platform.sdk.draw.Label

it should do the trick.

Trimble

Thanks, guys. Unfortunately I am such a newbie at coding for MW, that I couldn't find a way to get Igor's solution to work for me. I did get text on a chart by using: addFigure(coordinate, text)

Here is my question: I need to have two different sets of text/numbers on the chart, each with different fonts/font colors. I have two FontDescriptor inputs, but cannot find a way to link them to the text output by the addFigure statement. I have searched and searched the MW studies, and the API documentation, but can't find an approach of how to do that.

Can someone show me how to do that, or how to use an alternative approach (Igor's approach, for example) to formatting the letters/numbers on the chart?

Thanks for all help.