Troubleshooting odd results with IQFeed and Cumulative Delta (and similar bid/ask vol studies)

gjockey21

Hello,

I’m currently using Sierra Charts for US equities. I am trialing MotiveWave and ran across some very erroneous looking Cumulative Delta results that I am trying to troubleshoot. The Cumulative Delta values are very different than what I see on Sierra Charts, but more importantly don’t pass the eye test when looking at the price action of the primary chart. Obviously, whatever occurs in Cumulative Delta is also occurring on other volume studies that requires accurate bid/ask volumes: however, for this post, let’s just focus on Cumulative Delta.
I’ve run into several examples where a stock is trending up nicely with several volatile intraday upward spikes, but the Cumulative Delta on MotiveWave/IQFeed shows a smooth and constantly falling cumulative delta (which goes counter to the respective Cumulative Delta plots on Sierra Charts).

I’m hoping that somebody might have a 3rd option for Cumulative Delta on the stocks in question (ANVS and MSFT). I know that Bookmap/Rithmic and Ninjatrader/Rithmic provides Cumulative Delta but unfortunately I no longer subscribe to them. It would be nice to have some confirmation from a 3rd vendor. --- John

Searching the forum shows maybe this user was seeing something similar: https://support.motivewave.com/foru...tive-delta-value-for-nikkei-index-future.607/
Attachment below is 1min chart MSFT 5/19-5/21. 1min chart ANVS 5/21.

Attachments

• MW_MSFT.JPG
    MW_MSFT.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 32
  • MW_ANVS.JPG
    MW_ANVS.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 30
Hello,

I’m currently using Sierra Charts for US equities. I am trialing MotiveWave and ran across some very erroneous looking Cumulative Delta results that I am trying to troubleshoot. The Cumulative Delta values are very different than what I see on Sierra Charts, but more importantly don’t pass the eye test when looking at the price action of the primary chart. Obviously, whatever occurs in Cumulative Delta is also occurring on other volume studies that requires accurate bid/ask volumes: however, for this post, let’s just focus on Cumulative Delta.
I’ve run into several examples where a stock is trending up nicely with several volatile intraday upward spikes, but the Cumulative Delta on MotiveWave/IQFeed shows a smooth and constantly falling cumulative delta (which goes counter to the respective Cumulative Delta plots on Sierra Charts).

I’m hoping that somebody might have a 3rd option for Cumulative Delta on the stocks in question (ANVS and MSFT). I know that Bookmap/Rithmic and Ninjatrader/Rithmic provides Cumulative Delta but unfortunately I no longer subscribe to them. It would be nice to have some confirmation from a 3rd vendor. --- John

Searching the forum shows maybe this user was seeing something similar: https://support.motivewave.com/foru...tive-delta-value-for-nikkei-index-future.607/
Attachment below is 1min chart MSFT 5/19-5/21. 1min chart ANVS 5/21.
Hi, I'm relatively new to MW and am getting the same thing. Did you find a resolution?

Darkum

I'm also a new MW user and have the same issue. Any help would be appreciated.