Tried out MW here is what I found

LikesToTrade

I think many features of Motivewave are amazing and just what I have been looking for. However, I struggle with some things and it appears I am not the only one. So I have put together a list of issues and nice-to-have features. I hope this can be used to improve this otherwise great software and help with the trading workflow for everyone. Let me know if any of the features on the list do in fact exist and I just couldn't figure them out. (Windows version, connected to Interactive Brokers TWS)

Issues:

1) Templates are not real chart templates because they don't save and restore all aspects of the chart. They just save the studies for a chart. Furthermore the appearance of a chart is tied to each symbol and therefore changes when you select a different symbol. There should be an option to "lock" the chart appearance so nothing changes except the price data when switching symbols. This is a big deal as it's impossible right now to have a watch list with symbols and several charts with different time frames and a different look (hourly and daily charts need to look different from 5m or 1m charts).

2) Price data is being loaded/requested every time a new symbol is selected. This can take a long time (sometimes it gets stuck indefinitely) during which charts are blocked and a horizontal bar appears on the chart. Instead locally cached data should be displayed and the chart should be accessible while the price data updates in the background. A loading indicator could be placed out of the way in the title bar.

3) Linking watch lists and charts across desktops doesn't work. A watch list specific desktop on a second display can therefore not be achieved.

4) Switching extended hours on and off results in the chart to return to the last data point (right side the chat). This is a problem when looking at previous days. It should stay on the currently viewed data.

5) Fonts:
- Changes in font size have no effect on some parts of the program.
- Changes in menus and titles/header only take effect after a restart but there is no mention of that.
- Dialog boxes have smaller fonts that are hard to read even with unnecessarily large fonts settings.
- The custom configuration for fonts (Watch List/Quote Board/News Table...) only covers certain areas but not the entire application. Also, it is not working at all. Settings make no difference to the fonts anywhere in my experience.

6) There is a "Lock Scroll" option that is part of the current chart configuration but it acts globally on all charts on a page. Only the charts for which scrolling is locked should actually move together if configurable per chart. It makes no sense to move a daily chart together with e.g. a 1 minute chart.

7) Resizing the chart on the price axis should be reversed. Grabbing and moving the upper part with the mouse will move the upper part of the chart down when the mouse moves down. Grabbing the lower part moves the lower part of the chart up when the mouse moves up. However when you grab the section in the middle of the price axis and move the mouse down, the chart grows larger. Moving the mouse up makes it smaller. I feel this is counter-intuitive and should be the other way. Up should be larger and down should be smaller.

8) There is no "Implied Volatility" in the column selection for watchlists. This would be instrumental for option traders.

9) The option chain does not show any options outside regular trading hours. However, it does update inside TWS to which MW is conncted. So the data should be available.

Nice-to-Have Features:

10) Cross hair color needs to be configurable.

11) I never found a dialog to change the color for the option chain. Unlike in the manual mine looks like a normal table with just one color- I have tried dark and light theme.

12) The mouse wheel click (MOUSE3) is not recognized when setting up key shortcuts.

13) There is no way to assign a key to get back to the right end of the chart data. There is an arrow on the chart but I cannot assign the "End" key on my keyboard like I would because there is no "back to end" or similar action in the keyboard config.

14) Similarly to point 11 it would be nice to have a keyboard action to jump to the beginning of the currently displayed day in the chart.

15) Having time lines as veritcal markers of certain times of the day is a great feature (time axis configuration). It would be even better if certain areas (from [start time] to [end time]) could be defined that get a differnt background color. This could be used to mark pre-/aftermarket or lunch time hours.

16) Watermarks on charts should not just offer the current symbol but any text the user wants to display. E.g. I would like to mark my charts with the different time frames they show, so "5m" instead of a stock symbol.

Striker77

Hi,

regarding the cross hair color, this is indeed already possible.
Configure -> Preferences -> Theme -> Chart Themes - > Create a custom theme and set the desired cross hair color and opacity.

LikesToTrade

Hi,

regarding the cross hair color, this is indeed already possible.
Configure -> Preferences -> Theme -> Chart Themes - > Create a custom theme and set the desired cross hair color and opacity.

Ah yes, thanks! I got it to work. One down, 15 more to go ;)

I agree completely with your first three issues, these are a problem for me as well. I don't have much input on the rest yet.