Trail stop after certain amount in profit, not before

Kdogg450

I’m wondering if I’m just completely missing something here, I just want to create a bracket order / exit strategy that moves the Trailing stop once a certain amount in profit - not before. The stop loss should stay where it is and not trail until in profit by X number of ticks - and trail by X number of ticks at that point.

Just want to hit a Hotkey to execute a market order that has this all in place. Is this not possible without coding something? Motivewave is amazing - especially on an M2 mac. Surprised if this doesn’t exist.

luissantillana33

You can do that in the exit strategies & set both offsets in when (how many ticks) the trail triggers & offset you want it etc you’ll have to use the break even & then make sure you set the second order to trail instead of stop.

Kdogg450

You can do that in the exit strategies & set both offsets in when (how many ticks) the trail triggers & offset you want it etc you’ll have to use the break even & then make sure you set the second order to trail instead of stop.
Many thanks for your reply - it seems I can’t do this without adding another contract (futures) ? I’ll try in the back tester this weekend. If you have a screenshot of how you would set this up that would be much appreciated. Can’t seem to get the trail offset to start without it starting in the trade right away - like an OCO with the trail being where the take profit is right now in the exit strategy would be ideal.