Trade History Report/Summary

abctrading

I can't seem to figure out ow to pull up Trade History Reports or a Summary that shows overall PnL or Different statistics that show Longs vs Shorts or MAE/MFE kind of stuff. I see it is there in the Optimize area ... but can't seem to figure out how to get the actual trade history to link to that Optimize kind of report?

I see that I can Export the Trade History info ... which would be good for putting into an external report/journal type program .... but shouldn't we have that available within MW?

Thanks,

Brian

MotiveWave_Jason

Staff member
Hello Brian,

We are actually planning to implement a trade performance/statistics section in the future. I don't have an exact date but it shouldn't be too far away.

Regards.

abctrading

Hello Brian,

We are actually planning to implement a trade performance/statistics section in the future. I don't have an exact date but it shouldn't be too far away.

Regards.

That is great thanks for the info. In the meantime .... I think I might be getting the run around from CQG and my broker AMP on how to get trade history info so that I can plug it into a 3rd party program. CQG says to talk to my broker .... and my broker says to talk to CQG ... go figure. If I DL or Export trade history from inside the Account >> Trades Panel ..... will that give enough info on trades to calculate such things as MAE and MFE? or where might I be able to access that kind of info?

Maybe this is the right question to ask? Is the trade history for SIM and backtest strategies kept on the local platform, therefore not available from broker or data provider?

Thanks,

Brian

MotiveWave_Jason

Staff member
Hello Brian,

The trade history would be enough to calculate MAE/MFE (because you have trade time) except you would need to figure these numbers out manually by looking at a chart, so not really ideal.

The trade history for the MotiveWave simulated account and backtest results are held locally, yes. They wouldn't be available from you broker unless you are using a broker paper/demo account and they are the ones executing the demo trades.

Regards.

abctrading

Hello Brian,

The trade history would be enough to calculate MAE/MFE (because you have trade time) except you would need to figure these numbers out manually by looking at a chart, so not really ideal.

The trade history for the MotiveWave simulated account and backtest results are held locally, yes. They wouldn't be available from you broker unless you are using a broker paper/demo account and they are the ones executing the demo trades.

Regards.

Jason, Thanks for the info ... hopefully the MAE/MFE and simulated trades info will be worked into the performance/statistics section you guys are working on.

abctrading

Hey Jason, Just checking in to see if we are any closer to some Trade Performance/Statistics section? Thanks :)