Toggling between open charts

anil

I would be looking at maybe 15 different stocks during the trading day. I open all of those charts in their own windows. Now when I want to toggle from one to the other I have to click the Window tab and pick the chart from the drop down list. Is there a simple keyboard shortcut which allows me to toggle from one chart to other at full screen mode? For example the shortcut is Alt+Tab for metastock.

t85

Would love to know if there is a shortcut for this as well. Toggling through windows, tabs, or pages with the mouse can a bit tedious in fast markets.

MotiveWave_Joe

Staff member
Hi,
At the moment, there is no keyboard shortcut to toggle between charts if they are separate windows. You can however, setup keyboard shortcuts to toggle between tabs and pages. This can be done via the Configure > Preferences > General > Keyboard menu. Look for the Next Tab, Previous Tab, Next Page and Previous Page options.

Reactions: t85

t85

Is there a shortcut or option to create a hotkey to maximize a tab? Currently, we can double click the top-bar/tab to have it take over the desktop, and this is cool if you're not in Compact Mode.

So, since I primarily work in Compact Mode, when I want to expand one of the charts, I have to go out of compact mode or show the tabs (I made a hotkey) and then I have to double click....

...It would be nice if I could create a hotkey/shortcut to just expand whichever tab window has focus without exiting compact mode.

Is this currently possible @MotiveWave_Joe and if not could it be another feature request?

b396

it has been a long time and i am also looking for a keyboard shortcut to maximize / minimize tab.

matt

Me too, alt-enter... just copy tradingview's shortcuts, its the most popular charting package and most people are used to it.