TD Ameritrade single day data only

CARBURUNDUM

There is the occasional ticker that pulls up with only the current days data only. When i look at the symbol in think or swim the chart has years of data... when i look at that ticker in MotiveWave i get data for the current day only. The ticker i am looking at now is LEAF. I get today's data only. Anyone else have this issue?

Fredrick

Hi Carburundum. I just joined the user forum specifically for this question for this ticker (LEAF) on TDA. I will go ahead and contact MW support. I will post what I find out.
-F

Fredrick

Back on 2 March 2021 I got back a reply that the tech at MotiveWave was getting the same limited data that we are. The tech said they would email TDA to check the data on LEAF coming through the TDA API. As of today, 20 March 2021, no further replies, and still getting the same results. So I have sent another follow-up email to MW. Not holding my breath.
-F

CARBURUNDUM

I apperciate it. I think TDA is flaky with its data... it is frustrating but i just dont trade the names they dont feed...

Fredrick

Response from MW 22 March 2021: "The last response [MW] received from [TDA] was last week stating that they would be forwarding it to the data team to look into."
Doesn't look like a high priority at TDA, which is what we have basically concluded. Personally, I'm not at all thrilled that Charles Schwab is taking over TDA. Schwab's stuff has been stripped to the bone over the years, so I actually expect TDA to get worse over time. I'm considering moving my investing to Interactive Brokers. All the best to you in your investing!

Pharaoh145

I get a similar issue with NIO except I have a gap in data of weeks and then the current days data behaves like a daily candle no matter what time frame I select.

angoodwi

Hi, Did we ever get a resolution to this? Have same issue with PIPR.
Thanks

ScottyA

I get the same issue with other Instruments. Very odd.