Strategy works with Replay, not with BackTest (multi-instrument)

Drago112

I'm attaching source code for a sample strategy that uses multi-instrument capability. This is a sample strategy which buys the primary instrument when the 2nd instrument goes below a certain level, then sells it off when above that level (for example, you could buy SPY when VIX went below a certain level and sell when it went above). I don't recommend this strategy, but it is super simple and demonstrates an issue with BackTest mode that I'm having with a proprietary strategy. If I run the strategy in Replay mode, it works fine. Orders are made and so forth. If I try to run it in BackTest mode, it never makes any orders. This is the same results I have with my "real" strategy.
The attached files is a java file which was not allowed to be uploaded. I changed the extension to txt, but it's a java file.

Attachments

• SampleMultiInstrumentStrategy.txt
    6.4 KB · Views: 18

Drago112

I heard back from MotiveWaves support and wanted to post here to help anyone else trying a multi-instrument study. As of the time of this post, MotiveWave backtesting does not allow multi-instruments. That feature is not supported in backtest mode. However, that may change some time in the future.