Strategy Builder from Trading Indicators

quantlabsnet

Hi there
I was wondering what people thought of last nights presentation on: STRATEGY BUILDER FOR MOTIVEWAVE with Daniel Sinnig from Trading Indicators

To me, it seems quite revolutionary as you can overlay with the out of box MW studies as well as your own. Without that, I think this would be jut be another standard 3rd party extension but this looks really interesting. I was wondering what MW out of box studies would people combine to make this product really effective. What asset classes do you think this would work best for?

As for me, I am using crypto these days but unsure how effective it would be for as I can see this work wonders for a futures or forex asset class.
Thanks

Dragon

I agree it looked very interesting, but I didn't get or test it yet. It looked like you could make a strategy with whatever combo of indicators you want, so I'm not sure if it will really be 'best' for any asset class in particular & there's probably a ton of approaches you can come up with.

I day-trade futures and stock market movers with their volatility crusher study. Works pretty reliably just following the indicator and trading when the statistics are good (it shows statistics about its performance on the chart). So considering getting it just to trade off of this study automatically.

You can apparently trade any indicator with it so if you have some strategy in mind based on indicators for crypto you can probably experiment or make it work

Spin

I missed the show, due to unforseen circumstances. :cry:

Is a replay available anywhere ?

JoshS

I agree it looked very interesting, but I didn't get or test it yet. It looked like you could make a strategy with whatever combo of indicators you want, so I'm not sure if it will really be 'best' for any asset class in particular & there's probably a ton of approaches you can come up with.

I day-trade futures and stock market movers with their volatility crusher study. Works pretty reliably just following the indicator and trading when the statistics are good (it shows statistics about its performance on the chart). So considering getting it just to trade off of this study automatically.

You can apparently trade any indicator with it so if you have some strategy in mind based on indicators for crypto you can probably experiment or make it work
How long have you been using volatility crusher? I'm a beta tester of the strategy builder and may be interested in picking it up if it's worth the $400 price tag.

mediavue

I just bought the strategy builder but it does not come with instructions on how to install it which i think is crazy. So from what I can see it is installed by going to Strategies and Import, but after doing this and rebooting it shows nothing of strategy builder. The JAR file is copied into the MW Extentions folder correctly, but it just wont see the file. I tried from both a mac and windows PC and the same. Has anyone else had this issue of not being able to run it?

mediavue

Turns out it needed to be enabled on their end which i wasnt aware about and doesn’t mention it anywhere. Anyway all resolved now!

Shtick Hustler

Given that NinjaTrader includes a Strategy Builder for no extra charge...

Here's my vote for MW either licensing this software and offering it with their Pro version, or just buying it outright and including it. (y)

In the meantime I'll toil away in Java :coffee::coffee: