Slow data

Jesse_01

My ES charts take forever(60m+) to download data. Is there any way I can limit the amount of time/data that its trying to display/download. I have plenty of internet speed, so that's not an issue. Also using dxFeed for data.

igor.s

If you load tick data you have an option to enable the max days parameter. It is unchecked for my charts though. Otherwise, something is not right with your setup: network, RAM and etc. I've never seen such a slow data loading.

cheers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220802_111405.png
    Screenshot_20220802_111405.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 36

ScottyA

I've had multiple issues multiple times with slow data loading (internet speed due to family streaming, clogged Instrument list of thousands, UI Update Interval too fast, etc).

If the great suggestion from @igor.s doesn't help, let us know more about your setup, and we'll help the best we can.

Jesse_01

If you load tick data you have an option to enable the max days parameter. It is unchecked for my charts though. Otherwise, something is not right with your setup: network, RAM and etc. I've never seen such a slow data loading.

cheers.
where do I find that option screen at? My internet should be good to go for thick data lol.
1659470293840.png

Jesse_01

I have 2 different footprint charts loaded, so maybe that's the drain on it. It looks like that unless I motiveway up all the time. Almost like there is no historical volume data.
1659471066500.png

Alior

The volume/tic data loading is a real issue. Data loads when you click an instrument, if you zoom in to the chart after the data has loaded, the data starts loading again. As a software engineer myself - I don't get how this can be an issue, what am I missing?

1. My thoughts would be that a local database (in memory perhaps) would store the incoming data if space was available in local storage, otherwise continual downloads would be required ;/.
  2. Time stamp downloaded data in intervals so that the last clean data point would be known and faster retrieval for smaller timeframes.
  3. As new data is available, diff against time stamp and retrieve only required data.

I'm scared to touch my mouse. I selected GDX today and it took 20 mins to download (I have 2Gbps dedicated), but I know if I click something else and come back to the said symbol - it's going to take a load of time to reload - crazy!

For now I continue to envy my friends who chose and invested in other platforms ;/

Jesse_01

I have made a few adjustments. Set my saved data to local & limited the amount of bars on the chart I was trying to load. For the most part I don’t need tick & volume data back to 2010 🤣🤣🤣. That has helped a bit.

Jesse_01

Also if you leave it over night to download data it will help lots. I only have ES, SPX up. So if I was looking at different tickers very day, it would definitely annoying.

ScottyA

When you're looking at tick data, do you really need more than 3-4 days? Serious question.

There really isn't any good reason why tick data from 4 days ago should influence any tick-based decision today. Try limiting the number of days for tick charts.

Any data you need from more than 4 days should be available through other tools.

Jesse_01

Yeah, I changed my tick data to 2 days. Also leave my charts open as much as I can to have all the data local

ScottyA

Brilliant! If you haven't already, consider off-loading that data into a cvs file, in the outside chance you'll have to "Clear Local Data" to refresh your charts.