Slow Data Feed

Giga

Is anyone else experiencing a slow data feed? Feels like the chart is updating every few seconds instead of every milliseconds. Is there a way to resolve this?

ScottyA

Scotty A here. Did we just interact on futures.io? ;)

Can you tell me more about your setup? ie, computer processor, RAM, how many active tickers you have running in MW and what Studies you're running, especially Custom Studies?

Otherwise, your question is too vague to help out.

Giga

Scotty A here. Did we just interact on futures.io? ;)

Can you tell me more about your setup? ie, computer processor, RAM, how many active tickers you have running in MW and what Studies you're running, especially Custom Studies?

Otherwise, your question is too vague to help out.

We did haha. Thanks for the help! Looks like it's an issue with the OS X app since the Windows app is working fine. 8 cores, 48gb ram, 1 active ticker.

ScottyA

We did haha. Thanks for the help! Looks like it's an issue with the OS X app since the Windows app is working fine. 8 cores, 48gb ram, 1 active ticker.

Nice!

Very bizarre. You certainly have the horsepower. I run Catalina 10.15.5 on an iMac Pro with zero lag issues using CQG data. Also have active about 10 futures tickers with another 15-20 stock tickers via TDA

Scints

Me! Happened this week, especially during periods of heavy volume. I'm using IQFeed.

ScottyA

@Scints ... @Giga and I have been troubleshooting in a private chat and believe that it the slow data feed is likely related to tick-based Studies during high volume times. Not sure if it's the Study or how the MotiveWave platform functions.

Can you tell us what type of charts you were using (linear, renko, tick, etc.) and what Studies you were running?

Scints

I tried with a minimum workspace, with 2 symbols and no studies, and the issue remains. But today all things are OK again, just like last week. I think it may due to combined factors of trading volume and IQFeed server farm status and network condition (especially you live in a different continent).

claud

How can you check latency on the MW Mac v6.4 ? is there a feature I didn't see ?
I saw some lapses of Heatmap with Rithmic feed (don't know why) and want to commit only to the Data provider that is low latency and reliable. I don't wanna be caught lagging in volatile days, is not a pleasant experience.
Thanks for your info.

ScottyA

How can you check latency on the MW Mac v6.4 ? is there a feature I didn't see ?
No feature. Just observing the price action. Like when it lags or is jumpy, especially on the DOM.

claud

No feature. Just observing the price action. Like when it lags or is jumpy, especially on the DOM.
Hmmmm NO good !!! It should be priority to add it ASAP.
Just observing price action ? no good, sorry. Lags compare to what ? If your data is delayed 90 seconds, you are in the past watching the past.
We need the best possible latency reference for our own safety in trading, otherwise we are back to the 90's... when 'they' controlled when your order was executed and you could loose your shirt any day.
Bookmap has it.

ScottyA

Hmmmm NO good !!! It should be priority to add it ASAP...

...Bookmap has it.
Bookmap is a great platform, but since I've never owned it, I don't know what you mean by it having a latency reference. If you find it beneficial, please recommend it to Customer Support so that we may all benefit from it! Thanks!

Lags compare to what ?
Yes, I observed lag by looking at a clock. The minute on the clock rolled over, but a new 1-min bar did not close for another 5-6, maybe 8 seconds.

There are dozens of reasons "why" lag could be induced. My replies earlier were an attempt to help others troubleshoot and eliminate some of those potential buggers.

claud

Bookmap is a great platform, but since I've never owned it, I don't know what you mean by it having a latency reference. If you find it beneficial, please recommend it to Customer Support so that we may all benefit from it! Thanks!

Yes, I observed lag by looking at a clock. The minute on the clock rolled over, but a new 1-min bar did not close for another 5-6, maybe 8 seconds.

There are dozens of reasons "why" lag could be induced. My replies earlier were an attempt to help others troubleshoot and eliminate some of those potential buggers.
Yes, I will recommend it at once !!!

claud

Here is an example I grabbed from a user...
When you see this on your screen and better if alarms can be implemented, you don't want to trade and/or you want to protect yourself.