Simple Indicator

Pyt

Hi,

I'm a Python guy. I also code in many other platforms but the problem with MW is that they don't have a basic scripting IDE. Do we need to create everything ourselves? I just want to plot yesterday's High and Low prices. I'm not a java developer but i really can't understand why plotting such thing is that hard?

Now you can say there are indicators but i want to understand the basic. Also their webpage shows following codes but i don't know where to enter that code:

https://www.motivewave.com/studies/ma_high_low.htm

//high_line = ma( Highest(highPeriod), highMAPeriod )
//low_line = ma( Lowest(lowPeriod), lowMAPeriod )
highest = highest(index, highPeriod, HIGH);
Plot1: TOP = calcMAAt(index, method, HIGHEST, highMAPeriod, highShift);
lowest = lowest(index, lowPeriod, LOW);
Plot2: BOTTOM = calcMAAt(index, method, LOWEST, lowMAPeriod, lowShift);
// Calculate the midpoint
Plot3: MIDDLE = (top + bottom)/2;

Donovan2580

This is not an answer to your coding question - But it will solve plotting yesterday's High/Low

Check out the OHLC study: Studies > Overlay > OHLC

Hope that helps.

Pyt

Thank you for your reply. I'm trying to put those values into my watchlist. And there's no luck using OHLC study.

Spin

Last edited:

Pyt

Thank you @Spin
It's really hard and i hope MW can think of a solution to bring more developers. I'm coding TradingView easily and i really would like to do it in MW.

For example i am trying to add weekly (last 5 days) change in pts to my watchlist but can not do it. It shouldn't be that hard. They can develop a framework to make things faster for developers. We don't really need to learn lots of stuffs.

I'm watching java videos for 2 days. Learnt basics that's it but it's still hard to code in MW.