several general questions about MW features from a newer user

desertskeis

I have been using TDA / TOS for about 6 months and am trying to get more into using MW since it allows me to connect both my TDA and IBKR accounts on one platform.
couple questions:

1. is there a way to easily quickly switch studies / indicators on a chart? Presently I have a couple saved templates, on with Vwap and some moving averages, another with Ichimoku clouds. Switching of course is just right clicking and chosing the template, but then how do I go back to a naked chart, for some reason that escapes me. On TOS I have my charts set so that I have buttons at the top of my chart pages were I can select naked chart, ichimoku, Std Dev Channels, and a couple with vwap and moving averages, the switch is quick and easy. I like MWs customization but it can be cumbersome when stuff is hitting the fan in the markets (which seems pretty common lately)
  2. Is there a way to have an average trade price indicator horizontal line on a chart? I see my avg trade price in the POS field in the trade panel and the P/L and I have the BOT and SOLD indicators as horiozontal lines as I buy and sell but dont find a trade price. I have that on my TOS platform and it is incredibly helpful.
  3. The POS P&L indicator in the trade panel I believe is the P&L for just that trade since the open of that trade, can I also get the P&L day indicated there as well?
  4. Trying to enter trades pre and post market on MW - I can easily do this on TOS and TWS but cant seem to find the right setting for MW. In the Trade Panel / Position tab / TIF choser the only option I recognize is DAY and GTC, have no idea what the others (GTD, IOC, OPG) mean and none make it possible to enter trades pre or post market.
  5. order types - what is a MIT order
I appreciate any help from someone more experienced withe this platform. I am spending time going through the configurations and setup options but its easy to get lost.

Thanks again

Donovan2580

I do not have the answers to all of your questions - But I will answer the ones I can help with. Hopefully some others can chime in & get them all answered.

#2 - I believe this is what you are looking for (See Below). You can get there by Preferences > Chart > Indicators

#5 - MIT = Market If Touched order https://www.investopedia.com/terms/m/marketiftouched.asp

Also - As far as easily getting back to a blank chart; the easiest way I have found is to just hide the study. You can do this by right clicking on the VWAP for example and choose hide. I added the "Hide & Un-Hide" icons on my toolbar to be able to toggle things quickly. There is probably a better way to do it, that is just what works for me. Perhaps you could also just make a "Blank" template that way you could toggle back and forth with the hot keys.

Hope this helps

MW Help.png

MatDerKater

1. When you open a 'Chart', you can have multiple 'sub-charts' or 'Analyses'. Put all your different studies in 'Analysis' sub charts.