Saving workspace updates

Hi--

Yesterday I put a new study on a my chart, a TPO study. I then pressed "save all" and saved the new update on my NQ chart.

this morning, the update is not there! I have had this happen before. Does anyone else see this happen? do you know why? why wouldn't the update save? pretty annoying honestly.

I also have noticed motive wave crashing a lot lately. anyone else notice this?

Ghome

Nope, haven't had this happen. Haven't had any crashes, either. It's stable for me. I'm on a Mac. It's worth posting your OS and version so people know what you're running.

I assume you're running a cloud workspace? The update should have been saved unless there's something up with your system or connection.

If you haven't set your backups and have stability issues, it could be worth doing that so that your work saves in a backup file. In Configure -> Preferences -> Backup, click "Create Backup on Shutdown". That way, when you close the program, you can always restore your settings and shouldn't lose anything.
What version of OS are you on? I have had my motivewave software freeze up twice on me once last week and once yesterday. I am on OS Monterey Version 12.3.1 Was thinking of updating but am always hesitant because updates can always create more issues.

What version of OS are you on? I have had my motivewave software freeze up twice on me once last week and once yesterday. I am on OS Monterey Version 12.3.1 Was thinking of updating but am always hesitant because updates can always create more issues.
I'm on a PC and my motive wave version is the most recent update. I just changed my workspace from motive wave cloud to my local disk on my computer. hopefully that helps with the crashing.

Kbs123

i came here to rant about this problem. for past week, nothing gets saved. sometimnes, some random aspects of the chart gets saved like changes i did to volume imprint but not the whole thing will be saved. im tired and annoyed and frustrated to keep reupdating it every time i open up motivewave. i pay almost $100 a month and its 2024, but still gotta deal with this goofy problem? bye MW, hello sierrachart!

Ghome

Yeah interesting enough this happened again this morning. I had to upload my template again and yesterday's backup but it still didn't load up my zone I had the chart.

Yeah interesting enough this happened again this morning. I had to upload my template again and yesterday's backup but it still didn't load up my zone I had the chart.
Yeah, it keeps happening several times per day. i am definitely trying to find a new charting platform as sad as that is. Sierra chart probably.

Kbs123

Yeah, it keeps happening several times per day. i am definitely trying to find a new charting platform as sad as that is. Sierra chart probably.
i actually found the solution to this. Make sure to go to PREFERENCES -> SAVE CONFIGURATION. Doing so will save everything even after restarting the app. :cool: