RSI on Bitstamp is showing different values compared to other users

baselito

Hi,

I can't figure it out but RSI for BTCUSD on 8h for me is showing different values compared to my tradingview account and to other users.

I'm trying to get it to look like this on RSI on 78.6 fib line:

This is how it looks on my 78.6 fib line:

Both are on 8h and default settings.

MotiveWave_Joe

Staff member
Hi,

The two charts have different data sets and this is why you have to different plots for RSI. Try right clicking on the chart and selecting Clear Local Data on both systems and see if that resolves the issue.

baselito

Hi,

when I compared my chart with his I could see differences on the chart. I was not paying attention to the chart. I only watched the RSI. I cleared local data but same. So I wonder if there is more than one BTC chart on bitstamp or what can I do? We got same timeframe but charts is not looking exactly the same. I deleted my workspace and tested with new API keys etc but still the same.

from my chart

my friend

Last edited:

baselito

I cleared local data.

I tested different trading hours

marked differences on his chart in yellow 432

Mine:

Restarted laptop but still different

baselito

I found the difference. The opening/close need to be changed in historical data in settings to be synced with trading view opening and close:

It took me several hours of testing but now the candle opening/close are synced with trading view opening/close

MotiveWave_Joe

Staff member
Hi,

My next suggestion was going to be to have your friend provide you with a backup of his workspace so that you can restore it in your workspace. This will carry over all his settings. In this case, it seems you found the setting causing the difference.
Thanks for the update.

baselito

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. Will keep it in mind if needed.

Best regards
Basel