Rithmic Tick Replay

trdrbust

Hi,

I'm doing the MW free trial with the Rithmic Free trial. Pretty neat platform, but it's just so time-consuming to get up to speed.

I'd like to be able to use replay with tick level data, but the only option available in the tick replay settings for the source bar setting is "Bar Data".

Unlike other data vendors, Rithmic does not really offer any details on their tick history availability, as far as I could see. I was able to load up a 10 day ES chart using tick bars, so I'm pretty sure at least 10 days of tick data is available.

Wondering why I can't replay using tick data ?

Also, NT has a way to see what historic data is saved(Time resolution and Dates), but I can't find anything like that in MW. I did find some tick history files down in the MW folders, but they were binary and I could not make the format. For example: /home/deana/.motivewave/historical_data/RITHMIC/ESZ0.CME/1605733200000.tick_data

I'm running the Linux version.

I guess MW support staff does not monitor these forums, NT support is very active on their forums.

Thanks

Donovan2580

I am running CQG and replay works fine. I use it all the time with tick data with NQ & ES running simultaneously. You can play tick by tick, or replay at actual speed, faster, etc.

Maybe try and get a free CQG trial & see if that works - Kind of a pain, but a way to troubleshoot it.

FYI - Before I rolled over to MotiveWave I was using the free trial version of Rithimic and CQG data - It noticed quite a few problems with it (Both of them, that is why I tried both). It seemed like they would throttle everything down, and it would just go dead sometimes. I guess it makes sense because it is just a free trial.

Once I had the real feed (Paid for) all my problems cleared up.

Just something to think about.

Thanks,

Donovan

trdrbust

@Donovan2580 thanks for the CQG info and the insight into the possible trial throttling

I might have figured it out. I was trying to change the source drop-down in the replay settings after I had already "Activated Replay Mode" via the replay control. If I deactivate replay mode, I do see the tick option available in the source dropdown. I have not actually tried it yet, but yea I think that was my issue.

I was actually emailing support and I was going to send a screenshot of the replay control with the source option locked to bar when I noticed the source control was no longer read-only(which I failed to specifically mention in the original post) and the tick option was now an available choice. Confusion for a minute, but then I figured it out.....I'm clever like that :rolleyes:

Thanks again