Rithmic Protocols for R Trader Pro

MotiveWave_Leigh

Staff member
As of v6.1.14 (released April 24th), in preparation for the CME data pricing changes coming May 2020, protocols were added for Rithmic to allow plugging into R Trader Pro. This will effectively reduce the number of concurrent logins, reducing data fees.

abctrading

Does this mean that we can have MW and RT Pro open at the same time and it will only show as one connection? As in can I then open another Platform or connection since Rithmic allows 2 connections? Thanks for the clarification.

MotiveWave_Joe

Staff member
Hi,

Yes. You would have to select R Trader Gateway in the Market Data dropdown within MotiveWave and in R Trader you would need to have enable plugins activated.

Regards,

abctrading

Joe,

Thanks for that clarification.

If anybody else is having issues or needs some assistance in understanding the workaround, the below might be of some help.

I am using a Rithmic data feed/connection via the Top Step Trader program. Here is a screenshot of what I checked off and enabled.
RT_Pro_-_MW_concurrent_data_set_up.png

Also found a video that Optimus Futures (no affilitaiton here) posted in You Tube that was pretty detailed and helpful in understanding the RT Pro Workaround. (Link is below )

I did notice, and it might be due to the SIM environment of the TsT connection, that I did not have the option to choose the "RT Pro ON THIS MACHINE" in the drop down list. (you can see what I am referencing in an example right around the 7:30ish mark in that you tube video).

I also have not tried with any other platforms, and your results may vary :)

Happy Trading :)

Rht56

to watch the video, type MV4X02vMmlg on the search engine of youtube