Rewind/Virtual Intra day replay

joemo

Sorry for the repost, just got an email from admin that I should post the question here.

Hi -- I day trade futures on TOS. Thinking about switching to motivewave bc it's mac compatible.
I'd like to virtually day trade some random past dates before I switch.

I did a free trial a while back but never got to do a trial run bc I'm limited to testing on the weekends and I couldn't figure out how to access and run the historical data.
I'm guessing that I would need to add a broker to get this data? And it looks like for some reason TD doesn't include futures on motivewave.

So I'm looking for a solution:

I don't mind signing up for a paid motivewave account that includes a rewind function. I just don't know how to access the historical data, which I don't mind paying for either.

Oh, and can I do all this on a Saturday/Sunday?

Thanks

ScottyA

That's right. It works on Saturday and Sunday!

Yes, you'll need to add Futures data, which is most cheaply accessed via a Futures broker. I use AMP Futures and subscribe to CQG data, which is $10/month for non-pro CME Equities or $30/month for the bundle. There may be an account minimum of $500, so be sure to double check.

I've tried dozens of broker/data configurations, and my setup now is CQG Data via AMP Futures with TD Ameritrade data for stocks.

The replay function is spectacular and easy to use with this MotiveWave/data setup. I use Replay to practice trading, as a habit I picked up from Feibel Trading!

joemo

That's right. It works on Saturday and Sunday!

Yes, you'll need to add Futures data, which is most cheaply accessed via a Futures broker. I use AMP Futures and subscribe to CQG data, which is $10/month for non-pro CME Equities or $30/month for the bundle. There may be an account minimum of $500, so be sure to double check.

I've tried dozens of broker/data configurations, and my setup now is CQG Data via AMP Futures with TD Ameritrade data for stocks.

The replay function is spectacular and easy to use with this MotiveWave/data setup. I use Replay to practice trading, as a habit I picked up from Feibel Trading!
Thanks!